The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1295 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I heard they are trying to release it by October but that is not set in stone yet.
I have not sen anything online about it's release however, I am planning on getting it as soon as it is released ...it will be a must have for sure.

Bob,
Interesting post, thanks for your insight...I did not know there was that much stealing with all the copyprotection out there.

I am glad that Chris and Homer are doing things like this for themselves as oposed to just helping with other video productions. Dan & Dave "The System" was a very well done DVD and was produced or directed by Chris Kenner. It taught what it set out to teach and then was entertaining and had many easter eggs...I am sure the vids will have easter eggs as well as some great humor on them.

Later,
Mobius
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
Perhaps it will be priced high enough that only people willing to put the necessary work into it will purchase.

Gene
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26985 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-09-17 20:49, Heygeno wrote:
Perhaps it will be priced high enough that only people willing to put the necessary work into it will purchase.

Gene

AFAIK there is no connection between cost and "putting in the work" Pricing that way seems to put works into the hands of collectors and from there... things only get worse. Most in magic are not so wealthy as to have large amounts of money to risk.

IMHO Far better to get things out to the MANY who want them, and let those who DO put in the work reap the benefits. If those guys were to offer seminars for direct teaching... likely a better place to let those with money take the fast track. Smile

Remember, for every magician you might try to fool there are THOUSANDS of regular people out there who would love to see some good magic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hi Doug,

You are totally right, this really looks like magic,WOOOW.

all the best.

Mano.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
No gaff? wow, I thought he used flipper coins...

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
The question of whether or not Homer exists was in direct realtion to the magic magazine article on chris kenner last month. As for the DVD, Homer did confirm with me that it was $30 with the possibility of more dvds to come depending on sales of this one ... so please buy at least 2 copies.

Doug
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hey Doug,

I'll do just that, I'd love to watch more of Homer's work out there.

peace out there.

Mano.
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2006-09-17 19:19, Bob Kohler wrote:

Personally, my company has already shifted gears. This year I'm producing as many non-magic DVD's as titles for magic. All of the stealing has made my decision easy. If I have a choice between a magic project and a non-magic project I'm going non-magic.

Please Mr. Kohler, spare us.
davidj40
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of davidj40
I saw the on-line video, it is amazing. I will definitely buy the dvd. Watching those possibilities got my blood going. . .
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1295 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The single coin vanish...well ...Words can't describe it except for :
Real Magic

I will get two too one for a christmas present for a friend so we can both bang our heads against the wall.
Mobius
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Well, I for one am highly impressed. That stuff looks REAL good. I always used the open retrieval without my thumb involved. The way he does it with his thumb over the coins makes it look like that coin just pops into existance. Really cool looking.

Unrelated to that - anyone else out there using Internet Explorer 7 RC1? If you go to that website using that browser, it asks if you want to allow it to access your clipboard, and then you can't do anything but ctrl-alt-delete and end the task.
Click to visit:
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
Anyone else having problems downloading the video. Its appears to be slow and then when it gets to 99% it locks up.
Al Lee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Al Lee
Hi guys,
I believe the trailer problem with the "clipboard", in the latest version of IE, HAS been fixed. Clear your cache and try viewing the trailer page again. Let us Café members know how it works for you now.

As for your post magico, That could be an internet connection speed problem. The problem is on your end though. You may want to try clearing your cache, temp files, etc. close browser.. reopen and watch the trailer again. If the problem still persists... see if theres a newer browser update to download and install and make sure you have the latest quicktime player downloaded as well. If all else fails... try another browser such as netscape, or mozilla firefox!

Hope that helps!
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
Al,

Thanks for the help. I changed over to quicktime instead of real player and it is works fine.

Magico
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Just posted a video on youtube of homer doing a little improv magic at a loft party here in NYC. Enjoy.

Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW0a6IIGx0
SoundWave
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SoundWave
Great clip Doug.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I remember seeing this clip a few months ago and I thought it was great! Thank you for posting it in a public forum...I saw the clip at a friends house and have not seen it since. So I thank you...
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can anyone post a link to the video on his site? I can't seem to get the video to work for me

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Daniel H
View Profile
New user
Carrollton, Georgia, USA
19 Posts

Profile of Daniel H
All I can say is wow... I've never seen that routine performed so well before... almost scary.. I'll be one of the first in line to order this gem.
"That's a BAD 3 of Spades!"
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
As expected from the creator.

Mano.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL