The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Silver Surf II VS DesTROYers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I'm looking for routines using a flipper. Is there much overlap in the above two publications? Or is it worth getting both [simply for the flipper routines]?
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello rutabaga,
A fellow Canadian coin worker. I like it. I have both DesTROYers and Silver Surf II. I'll PM you.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I have DesTROYer and I will say its routines on flipper usage is excellent!
In love with magic!
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
While I've heard good things about Destroyers, I'd stay away from either of the Silver Surf booklets. I found the descriptions to be difficult to understand and most of the illustrations/photos worthless. Nice effects, but not well described and not worth the money--in my opinion.

I'd check out http://www.magicjax.com/ Ron is a regular on the forum and had a niftly little routine you might like.

BooRadley
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Good advice, Ron Jaxon offered a routine based on a flipper, it is call flipmout.
I bought it from him (PDF Download) and is very good, it is not listed on the web page, you need to ask Ron for the link.

Pablo
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I've seen some video of Ron's routine - if that's the one done over a pool table in which the gaff is put in the spec's hands. I can imagine that's VERY powerful. Careful spectator management required I bet!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks guys.

You can find Flip-M-Out here:
http://www.magicjax.com/flipmout

IT's true you do need to have some spectator control to do it but it's not as hard as you might think. In my approximately 15 years of performing this routine just about anything that can go wrong has and I've spent a lot of time working out ways to prevent them from happening again. That's all covered in the E-book.

I remember Garret Thomas had some nice stuff with a flipper coins also. So check out his work too.

Right now I'm working on a matrix routine with a flipper. Normally it would require one of the gravity flipper coins but in the Flip-M-Out E-book I show a way to make any flipper coin work like a gravity flipper (meaning is has to lay flat when open).

In my opinion the flipper coin is the most underused gimmicked coin out there. When I first started doing my routine most magicians had never heard of the flipper coin. So I fooled a lot of magicians with it back then. Now days it getting more widely known. Dang it!.. Smile

Good luck.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I have both and I have found them very valuble. Silver Surf II is just a small pamplet and DesTroyers is a large hard-cover book. I purchased both at one of Troy's lectures early last year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Silver Surf II VS DesTROYers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL