The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Well, I finally did it. I've owned a chop cup for well over 20 years now, but it has always remained in the darkest corner of my storage cabinet. Philosophically, I have never agreed with the challenge mentality of the effect, where the spectator has to lose.

Well, I finally decided to dust of this old classic with the hopes of incorporating it into my restaurant work. I redesigned the routine so that the spectator is actually, right for most of the time. I get more and more "frustrated" at myself for not being able to fool the spectator (a la magician in trouble). Even when the spectator tries to "give me a chance" I still can't fool him. Finally, I stuff the little ball in my pocket saying "I guess I'm going to have to practice this a little more since, no matter what I do, I always seem to be behind the 8-ball". As I say this, I lift up the cup to show a giant 8-ball.

I tried it out at the restaurant where I work last night and it received HUGE gasps every time. It took 20 years, but I finally found a way to work this effect that fits within my performing style.

None of this would have been possible if it weren't for all of the great Café threads on the chop cup and the tremendous ideas the members here have offerred. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
SlackerRan
View Profile
New user
Long Valley, NJ
12 Posts

Profile of SlackerRan
I like that a lot - thanks for sharing. I could see this going over really well with kids too, as nothing seems to make them laugh more then when they are smarter than the magician. Or if it felt right with a family, you could have the kids always right and the Dad was always wrong, etc... Thanks again
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've been using three pool balls for the loads in my chop cup for about 30 years. I do a red billiard ball, a cue ball and an 8 ball.

The punch line goes along with the theme of the balls.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL