The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Blindness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
I'm looking for a strange, spooky, short story involving someone who is blind. Preferably a true story or legend. Can anyone help me out? Thank you very much.
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Are you the one playing the blind guy or what? if so, my effect below in the vo du contest will definitely work...I give you the details if needed....it would be great for it....

Baba
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Baba! How are you? I was planning on using this story as a possible intro to one of my effects. I would love to hear about your effect.
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Its true Baba's effect is great!

Blindness stories - well, you got Oedipus of course, the Cylcops, Daredevil, and HG Well's kingdom of the Blind "Where the 1 eyed man is king!" - the Nobel prize winning novel Blindness (where the whole world population becomes blind)...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Just check it out below in the vodu thread bro...

I'm fine, hope you are too Smile

Dr.Spektor my man.......make me laught my arse off re: Pkg effects Smile
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
I don't remember the name of the short story, but one was written about 20 or 30 years ago that played off of the "if the whole world was blind, then a one-eyed man would be king." In the story, the one-eyed man is eventually killed because the rest of the population thought he was mad.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I'll bet you could find something in Grimms' Fairy Tales. Then again, I can't think of one, but it might be worth a try.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
There is that story about that old blind guy ans his guitar,
Who travels all alone across the country , finding his way we do not know how...
Stoppin sometimes to sing you a song that can change your life

Prediction "country" style Smile
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
Oupps I forgot there is that legend with perseus and the three Graiae: Enyo , Péphrèdô and Dino.
The Graiae are three old women who, between the three of them, have only one eye and one tooth. Perseus snatches the eye from them and warns them that he will not return this until they agree to help him.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Good thinking, SamOne. Yes, the Perseus legend is a good suggestion.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Blindness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL