The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David and Dania - Live Show Review, With Pictures! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Alright, here is my review of David and Dania's live show. It is playing 3 times a day, till Oct. 1st here in western Mass. at the Eastern States Exposition.

To start off, the show was a mix of many other acts. I will keep the description of the other acts to a minimum. David was the Ring Master. The whole theme was a Circus called, Super Circus. It took place under a real tent, with one ring.
The first act was a husband and wife trapeze act. Next came out a "Lion Tamer" type person, which turned out to be a dog act. Next there was a very good act with a "Granny" clown. Keep in mind that David introduces each act. Then there was a routine with elephants. Next came out another clown, performing a very funny routine with a treadmill.

Now is the main act. The entire routine was very good. It was a mix of dance, magic, comedy and of course, quick change. There were many outfit changes, a lot of them with a 4 sided curtain. The others were very good, one while stepping through a cabinet, and another while being wrapped up in a long silk cloth. David did an interesting glove color change using a top hat. David changed his black tux to white in 2 seconds. The last, and best quick change was the mylar confetti change. It looked better in person then on TV.

Over all, the show as a whole was very good, lasting approx. 50 minutes. I would have liked to see more of David and Dania, but they were still very good. The pictures are from a bad angle, should have sat on the other side of the ring. Here is the link:
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k254/drsr2504/

If this doesn't work, please let me know. Also, if there are any questions about the show, just ask.

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Thanks for the review and pics Brian - that's a nice looking deceptive base also - did you make it?
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Your welcome. Yes, I did build that base.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
The show is produced by Tommy Hannaford. He has done the circus at the Big E for years. The old Lady clown "Grandma" is Barry Lubin (but played here by Mark Gindick) star for years of the Big Apple Circus.
Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David and Dania - Live Show Review, With Pictures! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL