The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How practical is Sankeys "in a flash" in a walkaround situation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
How practical is Jay Sankey's "in a flash" as a walkaround effect? I love the effect and the ease of the handling. I also like the reactions it gets from the dozen or so people that I've performed it for, but how practical is it in a crowded restaurant/bar situation? I know that there are several fire ordinance issues that must be hurdled first, at least in my area, but has anyone run into any kind of trouble performing this indoors in a public venue like a bar or restaurant? I'm seriously thinking of adding this effect to my permamnet repetoire of effects, but don't want to do something that could seriously injure someone and potentially get myself into some deep doo doo.

Any thoughts or experiences regarding this effect would be very appreciated.

Jack
unreal1016
View Profile
New user
Old Bridge, New Jersey
7 Posts

Profile of unreal1016
It is very practical. I have performed it well over 100 times. It is great. I have performed this in a restaraunt and hadn't had any problems. If you are hired by the restaraunt for the night, ask the manager if performing it is fine. Depending on the state and restaraunt, it may cause a problem. I know in New Jersey all the restaraunts and public facilities are non smoking. So about lighting flash paper, I am not sure. Hope that helps.
-Nick
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
-Harry Houdini
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
It is practical, but be very careful. I have performed this dozens of times, and the last time I burned myself pretty good. You can never be too careful, especially around spectators. I would make sure that there is no chance for anybody to get hurt.
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
If the manager of the venue gives you the okay and you keep it a safe distance from spectators and your own hair, you should be fine.
Eddie Ivan Torres
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Keep it in your own hands and all should be fine. I've had it for a long time and never had the slightest issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How practical is Sankeys "in a flash" in a walkaround situation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL