The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » McCombical Children's Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
On Ken Scott's recent DVD he performed a version of McCombical Deck using covers of children's books, anyone know if this available commercially?

Ken?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
It is not available. Mike Bent made that for me. It is really hard to sell a trick like that because the books are copyright.

Glad you liked it though.
Ken
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Hank Lee sells a version that uses Cereal box fronts. It is called "Cereal Killer" and is available here

It is a great trick and goes over really well with the kids. I perform it in almost every kid show I do.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I like to make one for my WESTRN MAGIC KIDS SHOW, but then (acting like a cowboy) with Wanted posters of notable men from the past, like billy the kid etc..

question to KEN. How do you make this trick interesting for the kids?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Well the trick has childrens books that are very well known. So when I show the books the kids get excited from merely seeing the books that are in my show that they may have read or have at home.

I use some fun music that plays throughout and they see that the books are not going match at the end, so it is indeed magician in trouble which the kids love. When the books are turned around to show they match it really is a neat ending and fun.

Ken
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Thanks ken. I keep working on it.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Those of you who like the McCombical deck might be interested in another item. It is a Practical-Magic item that you can also get from David Ginn. He calls it "The Chicken Trick".

The Premise is that you invite a child up to potentially win a prize by playing a game. You show the audience a card with a chicken on it - the helper doesn't get to see it. The helper is then shown some jumbo cards - the helper only gets to see the backs, but the audience can see that they're all matching chicken cards. The helper picks one, but doesn't let the audience see it.

The magician then asks the helper questions like "Does it fly" and "Does it have wings". Of course, the helper says yes. The helper finally turns the card around and it's an airplane. The prediction card is turned around it too is an airplane.

The method is different from the McCombical Deck - no R/S. The cards are almost the size of jumbo playing cards - I like this real well. I just bought it and plan on using it soon.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » McCombical Children's Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL