We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Richard Vollmer Books (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I just read the introduction to Simply Impromp2 by Aldo Colombini written by Richard Vollmer. In it he says, "Because I have been interested in the subject of sleight-free card tricks for at least twenty-five years (my first compilation of self-working card magic was published in 1984 and the ninth volume in the series has just come out), ..."

Can anyone give me more information on this series? What are the titles and who has them for sale?
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
Hi, Ted:

These books are for the moment nine volumes published in French language with the same title "Automatic card tricks" (Tours de cartes automatiques). You can find information about this work at http://www.magix.fr.

I hope this helps you. Best regards.
Best is yet to come ˇˇˇ
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Thank you. Let's see how far my high school French will take me.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I have managed to get hold of the bound re-prints of 'Apocalypse' by Harry lorayne recently. It is an excellent magazine and of the hundreds of effects I have read - it has been the ideas of Richard Vollmer that have most impressed me. He is a genius and this magazine contains many examples of that genius....
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Vollmer does some amazing stuff. You have chosen well.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Hi guys (that includes you too, girls),

I have also recently discovered the magical world of Richard Vollmer from some of what I've seen written by Roberto Giobbi in books and periodicals. One of my favorite tricks of Vollmer's is "Insured Prediction" from Card College Five. I will anxiously reopen my copies of Apocalypse and see what I've missed so far! Any other sources for Vollmer's material that anyone can shed some light on? Especially sources written in English?
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Does anyone know if there are plans to produce a book of Richard Vollmer's work ?

I have had a read of a few volumes of his french language automatic card trick books and whilst many of the tricks contained are from various other sources translated into french there are large number of tricks by Richard himself where there's some brilliant thinking involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Richard Vollmer Books (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL