The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Monster by Nate Kranzo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love performing Box Monster. The first rise of the card is the attention getter. When I spread the cards on the table and the second selection slides out, I find women back up as it startles them. Anyone else getting this reaction?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yup, same thing. Only problem now is sometimes I cant control the speed of the second card. I think it might be the &*($!0n... You guys know what I mean. Also I'm set all day, Sometimes I get the Shuah SHau(code for Gimick) a little dark, anything to clean or just get another one?
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
I finally made a good gimmick....yessssss =)

If this breaks I think I'm going to cry. Just kidding. Smile
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Hey paisa23, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Hope that info helped out? I've had great success with the effect since those minor modifications. Talk to you later.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2858 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
The darkening of the gimmick doesn't matter one bit for me because of how it is used. It is never out in the open.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I to cant get on that BM Forum, I made a password and everything but could find it.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Hey all,

I know on the DVD it says that this particular type of the gimmick is best for the effect, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried using other types of the gimmick. I find it kind of hard to make the gimmick and I know there are some that are already made for you. Any advice?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hey quick question about the Special $%%^%. I tend to have Two on me at all times , I also notice that after a while they begin to, Well if you guys do as I do then you know what I mean. Also a lot of times I don't wear L$%^ S($$*$. has anyone ever been asked "What is that?" What do you guys say in those situations, especially if you are doing this as a Closer?
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I have never had anyone notice the gimmick. In fact I have been so bold as to set up the cards right in front of them, and they never saw it. This is the one effect that none of my friends have a clue how it is done. It blows them away.

As for help on making the gimmick, just keep trying. When I first started I could not make them at all. I could not see it, I could not get a hold of it, but after one refill, I can make one in about 20 seconds.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

I am having a tough time making a good gimmick.

When creating it should it be taut around the box? My rises don't even come close to the rises shown on the DVD.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think it takes some trial and error to find the gimmick with the right t*****.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Wow, I have been having a lot of problems with this one guys,

It seems either my gimmick is too big and I don't get a good raise or it breaks...

First time I performed this it actually broke. No first raise. I would love to keep trying this effect, so does someone have an out if there is absolutely no rise because it broke?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Wait...Box Monster has a gimmick. Man and all that time we were in California shooting I thought you had the real deal Kranzo!
got me.
Justin N. Miller
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
Drizz,

I just got Box Monster and haven't had a chance to work on it, but I would assume that it takes some practice to get the gimmick made to work with your handling of everything. Keep trying - I think it's worth the effort.
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Yeah, I know it takes practice. I remember the first night I was trying to make the gimmick I almost went crazy, though I got better at making them as time went by.

Some other tips given to me where use a new deck and scratch a few cards from the deck. I hope I'm not bordering on exposure. If so tell me and I will edit.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2858 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Drizz,

I know a guy who can help you.

Feel free to drop me a PM.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Box Mosnter is so cool. I find people being "spooked" consistently. Abd the DVD is incredible. Nate is such a good teacher!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
My gimmick,breaks,breaks,breaks,breaks,breaks,breaks,....
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Any ideas where to get the refills in UK?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Guys I have box monster but to have yet really practice perform it, and with nate and others loop dvd in the mail , do you think that this is better then a rising card done with those gimmicks?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Monster by Nate Kranzo (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL