The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Monster by Nate Kranzo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
I having trouble with card coming out properly out of spread, any advice?
Pavlo
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
881 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Nathan Kranzo would be the best one to answer this ...but for me....new cards made all the differance. When I started I was using an old deck and had the same problem but as soon as I opened a new one, took a few cards out of the deck....it was problem solved.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
This sounds funny but, I use two gimmicks togther. If they are made properly (The correct length), it seems two work a lot better. The added strength of the extra drives the cards out better. Hope this helps.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Well getting card out is easy, but I mean it doesn't go straight, it goes side ways, I mean only think you need to do to make this trick successful is to follow Nathan's instructions, there ways of using two gimmicks or making it bigger, still fail to improve.
But then get card out straight, to this moment, are quite immposible.
Pavlo
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2859 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Not impossible. : )

Before I go any further you should know that even if the card comes out at an angle it will still be the coolest thing they've seen all day. : )

To get the card to come out straight the gimmick must be straight. I.E. not at and angle and properly centered.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 17:42, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Not impossible. : )

Before I go any further you should know that even if the card comes out at an angle it will still be the coolest thing they've seen all day. : )

To get the card to come out straight the gimmick must be straight. I.E. not at and angle and properly centered.

All the best,

Kranzo
Thanks man, I'll try.
Pavlo
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
All right. After reading these excellent reviews, I finally broke down and ordered Box Monster.
Can't wait to get it!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It's better than you think!
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 20:13, THEGUY26 wrote:
It's better than you think!

It lloks pretty good already. So if it is even better, then it ought to really blow them away!
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I KNOW this has been answered on one of the pages but after the first few I got lazy...

What is the reset time on this? Can this be done at a strolling gig multiple times?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Yes, it can. Takes few ticks and you done.
Pavlo
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
I got mine today.
It is brilliant, and I look forward to working with it.

But is am having a hell of time setting up the gimmick!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I have had no problem making the "gimmick" but I am still having trouble getting both cards to reveal.

I have tried newer cards, less cards, etc, but I am still having trouble. Please don't let this discourage any one from buying it, I think the effect is great, I just imagine that I have just missed something simple, lol.

Posted: Jul 5, 2007 12:12am
Ok, I have gotten it working now, but I need a gimmick that is, um, small enough to do it, but then it only gets through maybe one or two performances before breaking.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2007-07-05 00:12, gdw wrote:
Ok, I have gotten it working now, but I need a gimmick that is, um, small enough to do it, but then it only gets through maybe one or two performances before breaking.

I have the same problem.
Is it just me, or is the gimmick they sent others "smaller" than that used in the DVD?
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
YES! Mine gimmick looks also "smaller"!
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2007-07-18 10:38, Marc Frese wrote:
YES! Mine gimmick looks also "smaller"!

I even asked Ellusionist to send me some more the gimmick, in hopes that they included the wrong one with the DVD. Alas, that batch of gimmick was also "smaller" than that shown on the DVD, which explains the breakage problem for me.

Any idea where we can get the "larger" gimmick shown on the DVD?
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
I have given up on the gimmick shipped with the DVD. E says that it is the same gimmick that Nathan uses in the DVD, but I sure can't get it to work as well.

Love the effect, but I agree: the gimmick is not very reliable.

At least we know we aren't alone. Smile
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
312 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Have the same problem as well. Really good trick for laymen, but a hassle to make the "perfect" gimmick.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2007-07-21 05:29, jonxodus wrote:
Have the same problem as well. Really good trick for laymen, but a hassle to make the "perfect" gimmick.

It isn't so much that I'm finding it a hassle to make the perfect gimmick, it is that I think the gimmick material they sent me is the wrong material. It looks "smaller" than the gimmick material on the DVD, and it breaks too easily. I need to find the right material -- like that used on the DVD -- and I think I will be good to go.
jmoran76
View Profile
New user
West Palm Beach, FL
69 Posts

Profile of jmoran76
I agree with the previous posters. I think the gimmick material is too small. I've made it several times and it seems to break right away. Has anybody had success with another material? If so what, and where did you purchase it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Box Monster by Nate Kranzo (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL