The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » MISLED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
I just found the effect while cleaning house.
Anybody have any thoughts on "why" would you
do this trick. Any story lines?
MAGIC HAPPENS !
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16900 Posts

Profile of joseph
Along with Misled, just think about it; You can do an hour's show with just a borrowed dollar! Mismade bill, Sankey/Harlan no gimmick pencil through bill, Sankey's Billusion, origami, etc., etc. Cool. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2873 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Misled has been a favorite of mine since I was 14 years old. What do you mean "WHY would you do this effect?" Why do we do ANY effect. We do it because it is COOL! Stop looking for deep, hidden meaning in magic tricks. We do magic, because we CAN. We enjoy the "high" we get from our audience's reactions. Smile
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Why wouldn't you do it?

Properly presented it's a stunner.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1354 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I do like Misled, though I probably don't use it more because I don't have a good story for it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Misled is a perfect piece for formal close up. To me the best part is, it can be held in front of your chest and brings the focus to you and your face instead of your hands.

Bringing effects from the table to in front of your body is one of the most useful things you could learn in develloping new routines as a professional, hence the 3-fly craze!

On cards, Guy Hollingworth strives towards the same.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Magic Chris
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Hi,

I really love MISLED..at the end everything can be examined...why not giving the pencil as a souvenir to your spectator at the end ?
I'm sure there's a company where you can order pencils with your artist name printed on it...

Magic Chris Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16900 Posts

Profile of joseph
With Misled, you have to appreciate the thinking and the beauty of the effect. I think it is perfect, and as long as you are careful. I think Every magician should have this. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1354 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Quote:
Misled is a perfect piece for formal close up.
To me the best part is, it can be held in front of your chest and brings the focus to you and your face instead of your hands.

That is a good point about framing the trick.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
Misled is awesome. I have it and whilst I haven't perfected it, I can say it's pretty good. I'm a little uncomfortable with the first phase of the trick though, thus, I've decided maybe I should start with a pen through bill, do that a couple of times and then take out the pencil and comment on how people think the pen is gimmicked (although they've checked it to their hearts content) and I offer to do it with the pencil and state that it's all going to be 'slow motion' and proceed with the second phase of Misled, which is the most beautiful penetration of a bill ever!

THEN, I hand BOTH the pen (again) and pencil for examination and then they'll be MORE than dumbfounded Smile

Cheers,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2459 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Personally, I think this is one of those effects that doesn't require a lot of patter. It is so visually strong and impossible that the effect stands very well on its own.

Having said that, however, I do tend to reserve the effect for those times when I can acutally borrow a pencil from the spectator. This dramatically increases the impact.

Alternatively, for trade shows, you can have special pencils made with the name and phone number of the sponsor on it, and simply give it away after the trick is done.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1981 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
What is Mislead????
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
I found some pencils that match the Misled Gimmick real well.

Regan
Mister Mystery
gtthecloser42
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of gtthecloser42
I bought this trick many times throughout my youth and have absolutely loved it. I have lost the "thing" that makes it work but when I was in middle school this was one of the effects that helped lend credibility to the fact that I was a good magician. Others in my school tried to show me up with card tricks and such but once I performed Misled they couldn't top it. In fact on one occasion many of my classmates cornered me in the bathroom and threatened me if I DIDN'T perform it. In fact on many occasions I prefer this over the Pen thru anything.

Regards,

Gerald T
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Quote:
On 2004-11-28 22:46, The Mirror Image wrote:
What is Mislead????

Misled was created by FISM award-winning inventor Timothy Wenk and performed exactly as described in this booklet by David Copperfield on international television!

you can see it here http://www.penguinmagic.com/browse.php?s......&y=0
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 01:02, Mister Mystery wrote:
I found some pencils that match the Misled Gimmick real well.

Regan

Where at?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
You are at 50 posts, so check out the Secret Sessions section and look at the recent post titled "Yellow Pencils". You will get the rundown of my search for the elusive pencil and a link where you can get them.

Regan
Mister Mystery
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Where the H*LL is Timothy Wenk??? This IS the gentleman who created 'Misled'. I have done several google searches...I cannot find this guy!? I had the pleasure of meeting with him on a few occasions and I am interested in getting ahold of him.

Timothy Wenk where are you??????????

Johnny Mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Think about it, paper is made of wood, so is a pen. As both are made of wood, that means they should be able to be "mixed" without being hurt.

Think about that as a patter line, I don't really know, but I think its a idea to work on.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I also lost my Misled twicw and still buying it again. I love this trick and like the idea of both are made from wood. As Jeff McBride said the greatest illusion created by human kind is money...such and such...I am sure you can come up with some patters
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » MISLED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL