The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Provocative DVD Duplication Question, Part II! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Hide the children! Seperate the dogs and cats!

Don't let good, solid people read this question: (I shall put spaces in to avoid offending sensitive folks)

After seeing what duplication costs, did anybody just decide to do it themselves?

Awaiting the Glorious Revolution,
AtPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This is just one of the companies that sell blank media, boxes / cases, duplicating machines, and labeling machines. They are based in Canada, but I think they ship to the U.S.:

http://www.wimmedia.com/

Call or write and request a catalog. I've purchased blank 10-minute VHS tapes, boxes, and labels before from them. And yes, I copied my own promo video and made them myself to send out when necessary. Yes, they did look professional.

- Donald <--- very old school Smile
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I'm experimenting with a new format and comparing prices.

I'm exporting my shorter videos as an image sequence, saving them as jpegs or tiffs, then burning them on a CD, taking them to Walmart, then printing them all out as 4 x 6 photos at their Photo Center (careful to number them!). Staple. On the first one, include instructions to flip through to the end.

Of course, I need to send them a portable tape player for the audio. "Ready, start..... now!"

Discmakers sells blank DVD cases, plus Amazon is pretty good for blank DVDs. I think with printing (color sleeves and ink jet printing as per your other thread) it comes out to about $1.75-$2.00 per disc:
$0.79 for the disc,
$0.50 for the DVD case,
$0.35 for the color copy sleeve,
$pennies for the printing on the disc ($40 for ink cartridge divided by about 200 discs per cartridge... I keep track of this stuff in a database for expense tracking)

Thanks for the website, Donald! Never saw them before.

Scott
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great information Scott. This really breaks it down nicely on what you can expect to pay if you have the right tools (and knowledge) and can do it yourself.

Kyle

PS: Love the flipbook idea. Man you just gave away a million dollar idea. SHHHHH Let's keep those ideas away from everyone else. hehe
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
$1.75-$2.00 per disc:
$0.79 for the disc,
$0.50 for the DVD case,
$0.35 for the color copy sleeve

In my experience that is way more than what we spend.

$0.25-$0.30 Printable discs that are compatible in most DVD players
$.020 for DVD case
$0.10- $0.15 depending on qauntity and if you want to do some trimming yourself.

Online 1,000 discs, replicated, four color offset on dsic, dvd case, full color wrap, and poly wrapped is now down to $1.29 each.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Provocative DVD Duplication Question, Part II! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL