The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Help > Old Star Magic Item........... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Hi,

I'm looking for some help regarding an old Star Magic Co. Item.

don't know the effect or how it's worked but the props are something like this.....

- A small metal stand.

- Two metal tubes.

One is thinner and longer than other.

One has a curved metal tube inside. while other has a "funnel" type body inside.

My guess is that this could be a liquid transposition/penetration effect, but I don't know what goes where or how it's worke.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

My email is mehtas@btinternet.com
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
Have you had any luck?

I've looked through my old records and can't see that effect.

Find someone with early abras - say 1946 - 1948 for starters and see what you can find. Tubby always advertised so there's bound to be Reviews of new items. Goodliffe knew how to ensure advertising continuity!

If you draw a blank there keep coming forward into the 1950s. I can't remember when Star finished.

Check if the tubes are painted or chrome. Heavy chrome? Suspect Burtini. He wasn't far away and he did a lot of chrome work for others. His heavy stuff is flawless today.

Another possibility is to take a picture to Blackpool and show it to the older, established dealers. Depends who is there.

Davenports may know. Peter Diamond or Brian may know - Brian handles the secondhand side of Peter's business. Also, don't forget Cliff Lount. I know he only handles small stuff but ask him. He's a mine of information and was on the scene at the time.

Don't go bothering Derek Lever unless he's really laid back at some point. It's a busy weekend for hime. But he's forgotten more magic than most of us will ever know.

Hope you sort it out
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Help > Old Star Magic Item........... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL