The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Side Steal DVD - Cummins or Burt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I'm hoping to revive this jurassic thread to see if anyone has taken a look at both vidoes since last year.

I'm really intent on learning the Side Steal to Palm this time (again...after trying it with Daryls Slights videos, Paul LePaul's book, and Card College), and since shipping my way is pretty expensive, I'd like to invest in one or the other rather than both.

I like throwing the half-spread top half of the deck onto the bottom half after the card has been selected and returned, then going into the slight under the pretense of squaring the mess in my left hand. Daryl's Side Steal seems to need the deck to be pretty much squared first (which sort of defeats the purpose of squaring in my opinon).

To the book enthusiasts, sorry but I learn slights better by video. Many bouts with Hugard, Tarr, and Giobbi has taught me that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bill
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
BRAD BURT/ is oneof the very best teachers of magic. all phases of magic / brad teaches the fundimentals. and the basics...
then I would recommend other resourses to improve youe technique such as Cummins, Chosse and others
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Unfortunately I haven't seen the Brad Burt DVD either.
But the Cummins DVD is simply top notch and one of the few DVDs which (in my opinion) couldn't be any better.
I wish more DVDs (especially "one-sleight" DVDs) would cover the material so thoroughly as this one does.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
534 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Don't forget Michael Close's ebook on the subject.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
534 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Don't forget Michael Close's ebook on the subject.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here who's struggling with the side steal.
I have been working with Arthur Buckley's "Card Control", as well as Dr. Daley's chapter on the Side Steal from the 3rd edition of "Expert Card Technique". Progress has been slow. I an doing better with the Buckley version, but it's not suitable for every circumstance. Guess I had better take a look at the DVDs. Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Don Pm me and I will send you a teaching demo you my squeeze palm technique which I use in place of the side steal. For me this technique is more deceptive and the dirty hand seems never to come near the pack.... this technique can also be used as a multiple shift
without shufflng the cards..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
I guess I am one of the few that has seen both side steal videos. I am a huge fan of Bard Burt, having learned sequentially from his videos when I first started in magic. But, I would have to recommend Cummins' video.

I think the technique is more solid. It gave me more confidence in actually trying the side steal and several more tricks to use with it.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Another one for Cummins' dvd, it is wicked.
Pavlo
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HI ken I sent the demos to you I also included my javalin card ,,it is a flash add on that stems from the squeeze palm
my techique is only a different handling it is not ment to replace the side steal.......
vinny
ps brad burt has helped many mangicians young and old get started in magic
Come check out my magic.

Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Thanks to all for the advice. I still have a while before I'll be ready to make the order, and I appreciate all of your input.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Side Steal DVD - Cummins or Burt? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL