The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield question-tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Hi guys!
If you have a chance, watch the video of Copperfield performing the attic memories on youtube. Could you please tell me if the rose production he uses is an Appearing Rose, an effect sold by Hank Lee?!
Thanks for your help!
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
I have no idea.

That production is awesome. Worth checking it out.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Thanks for watching ruijorge! Anybody?
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
It is just slight of hand. Look in tarbell no.7 under "flip stick and silk".
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Quote:
On 2006-09-26 20:49, Norrabmagic wrote:
It is just slight of hand. Look in tarbell no.7 under "flip stick and silk".

I don´t think so...
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
I must say, that Norrabmagic is right here, it is mainly sleight of hand.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Not for the rose part.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Ruijorge is right. I spoke without watching the video. He DOES use the gimmicked appearing rose. This sequence is nice because there is no body loads, steals or difficult moves to speak of, he simply picks up everything from the box. However the bud on Copperfield's rose is closed. most of the "appearing rose" versions I have seen on the market nowadays are open blooms that are very difficult to palm. If you want to try this handling you may want to buy one and stick your own bloom on it. Sorry for the false tarbell lead. well... no check out the flip stick stuff anyway it's way cool and is very versitile.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I dig the sequence also..and I agree that the rose is some sort of telecsoping gimmick.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Yes the rose is gimmicked, but it wont do all the work itself, it also takes sleight of hand.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4yPYqtT3c

Funny, he got just as much applause from the rose then he did the vanish of a girl. I read years ago about the pen through dollar. DC was quoted saying after his big illusion show a lady came up to him and asked him how in the heck did he do the pen thru dollar trick. I think it is because layman knows they will never master the big illusions but something small they believe they could possibly.

Anyways, could this be the $27 appearing rose or something similiar? I don't know anyone who has the Hank Lee one so that is what Im asking basically.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Yes this is the "appearing rose". ($25-$30) But like I said, the bloom on the ones you buy nowadays don't look like Copperfield's and are therefore difficult to palm. So you may want to try putting your own bud on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield question-tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL