The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eating .....Things (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
I'm wondering where you can learn feats of ingesting deadly things? Such as lightbulbs glass gasoline motor oil or glue? just stuff you really wouldent want to put in your mouth.
-Keir
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
McDonalds ?
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Sam Dalal's "Swami/Mantra" bound copies of the two magazines has information on this sort of thing. HOWEVER, not all of the information in the magazine is exactly correct. I STRONGLY recommend that you learn these things from someone who has been doing them for years. Never try these on your own. They are dangerous and require real expert instruction.

Todd Robbins, who is on the Magic Café, has taught a class in this. He is a recognized expert in the carny stuff.

There are no shortcuts to acquiring these skills.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Ligtbulbs are not deadly if you learn from Todd.

Gasoline and motor oil in quantity are not good, and there is no way to do this safely.

When you say glue, what do you mean? Petroleum-based glues would be bad news, casein-based glue is a different matter. As far as I can tell, that's what the icing on cheap grocery-store birthday cakes is made of.

Then there are things that are harmless or even nutritious, but gross to most people. Insectivora, of the Coney Island Sideshow By the Seashore, got her stage name from her dietary intake. Crickets, cockroaches, worms, caterpillars, all are eaten by people in some parts of the world.

Please see the story about crickets here; they are raised to serve as bar food in Vietnam. I myself have recently had snake wine...

Yours,

paul
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Tony - McDonalds.. LOL !

Okay, I'm dropping out of my usual unswayable self and say, black crickets, of all stupid things, gross me out. I don't know why really, I suppose they remind of cockroaches, which also skeeve me out. Grasshoppers not so much though - go figure !
We have tons of crickets in our backyard, and about once a week in the summertime one of those get in the house - I just washed one down the utility sink drain in the basement last night, as a matter of fact. The last one we had was in our bedroom and started up about 4 in the morning for 3 days straight until we finally found him.
It's a shame they're too big for my venus flytrap ! We get those "spider crickets" around here too, which creep most people out pretty bad, but I think the normal crickets are worse being much larger. Actually, spider crickets are kinda cool looking, like little aliens !
(Sometimes I suspect insects ARE aliens !)

One cool and completely safe thing you can eat, if you haven't seen them already, are chocolates that look exactly like small stones and pebbles, of various colors. They're very convincing looking, even close up, and provide a decent crunch due to the coating.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Beside TirePlus, check out Tomas Medina's Geek Magic as Tomas will show you feats of bizzareism, such as razor blades, human spit, motor oil, broken glass and live bugs!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Have a cricket, Myst. They're good with beer! Smileevelish:

Seriously, what the heck is a spider cricket? I've never even heard of them.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Camel crickets. . . demonspawn bugs. . . shudder.

raven
What would Wavy do?
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
This reminds me that I recently saw in the grocery store, a Harry Potter candy item, two beautifully packaged (fake) cockroaches. They looked pretty good under supermarket fluorescents. I imagine that by candlelight, you couldn't tell them from the real thing. Bon appetit!

They don't look as good here, but you could fix them:

http://www.candywarehouse.com/cockroaches.html

Yours,

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eating .....Things (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL