The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Behold the Scarabaeus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Check it out on Hocus-Pocus website. Is this the same one that Criss Angel did on national TV? It's the one where you borrow a cell phone and make it visually enter an empty water bottle. What happened to the stooges? Smile I'd love to hear more about this one.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
If it comes with a stooge then I want a sexy model
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Sorry BBMagic, I got the last model...now all that's left is the over 80 models...

:P
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I would love some more info on this as well, maybe a demo video or something.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I'm thinking that the gimmick is a small exacto blade attached to the hand or finger. When the bottle is in your hand, you secretly make a cut in the plastic bottle. Would be fairly easy through the proper misdirection. When removing the cell phone, take the provided pocket knife and cut through a bigger area of the bottle, including the small area that was already cut. Both bottle and phone can then be handed out for inspection.

Sounds plausible to me.

Brian
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I don't think that is the answer becsue angel gave the bottle back without cutting anyithg out, the person was looking at the bottle and if there was a hole cut into it she would have seen it, then then again she may have been in on it to, I odnt know. What I want to know is if it the same trick he did with a bottle cap into a bottle??
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
But remember that was CRISS ANGEL that gave the bottle before cutting it...

Good thinking Brian

Tanner
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Hey VcosNJ,

This is NOT the effect Criss Angel performed on his Mindfreak series. Criss actually used an empty (glass)beer bottle. The cell phone rang and it was the mother of the girl whose phone was inside the bottle. Criss had to break the bottle so the girl could speak to her mother on the phone.

Nuff Sed,
Fade
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Remember what I explained a month ago about when you see CA sleeve the bottle..Even watch the video the sleeving is obvious
vonbodan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of vonbodan
I want to say I worked with the guy who came up with this method. Yes it can do what it says it can! No switches, No stooges, can be done anywhere and anytime. You wont be disappointed with this effect.

Vonbodan
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
It doesn't seem like the trick will be very practical at all. But the video did look cool. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It is more practical for stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Behold the Scarabaeus (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL