The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wand, Cup, Dagger, Panticle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Following in the wake of the Masonic post, does anyone know of a good routine that uses these four traditional magical weapons. I'm developing one, but I'd love to see the direction others have taken this idea.

A major problem I'm having is creating a routine that is less time consuming than an actual "dark ritual" ...heh. Bringing this one home in less than 15 min is gonna be tough, and that's WAY too long!

G
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
What is it you want to tell your audience, Gaddy?

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2006-09-26 20:01, Neil Tobin wrote:
What is it you want to tell your audience, Gaddy?

Best,
Neil

Honestly? I really just want to show off some "props" acting strangely... That has been a major stumbling block, because I can't bring it together logically. It's a long winded affair and it really has no purpose or meaning.

The wand does something, the cup does something, the dagger does something... ETC.

Perhaps you can see how this *isn't* working. At this point its really just a thought exercise, but I think it has enough potential as an idea to proceed.

Another consideration of mine is the intended audience- I'd like to do this bit for a group of neo-pagans at a convention in February (Pantheacon, actually: http://ancientways.com/pantheacon/ ) so the "meaning" behind the effects cannot be ignored or downplayed.

Perhaps I've bitten off more than I can chew Smile
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Confusion say: "When you bite off more than you can chew, spit it out and take another bite."

Think in terms of using them together. Draw the Pentacle, place the cup in the center of the pentacle, criss cross the wand and the athame on top of the cup. You're playing to an audience who already knows the meaning of these items, so you don't have to drag out explanations. Just a brief statement, and then a spell while you place the item where it belongs in the ritual.

Call on the audience to chant with you as you open the doorway to the other dimension. It will appear as a glow above the crossed wand and athame, then get brighter and brighter. It should start sucking things from this dimension into itself as it opens, so perhaps some flower petals or light herbs could have been scattered around the pentacle as part of the spell. What happens next depends on whether you want to emphasize the dark side of magik or the light side.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Perhaps this is too obvious, but how about a theme of "Living Tarot". Perhaps posing with the wand recalling "The Magician".
Look at some of the meanings of the cards, the Ace of Pentacles might have a meaning that fits the plot of an effect you like.
Telling the story of the meaning of the card would be a good lead in for the trick. Or you could make up a meaning for a card that fits in with a plot you have in mind. The card theme suggests a prediction, that being their purpose.
If you find your story first, effects might suggest themselves.
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wand, Cup, Dagger, Panticle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL