The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone seen this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm

I was looking at it today and wanted to see if anyone knows anything about it?

James
Black's Magic
http://www.blacksmagicshop.com
877-877-7878
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
What I wonder is isn't this in the public domain? This is in the same category as the give away's in trade shows of "3 card monte." It is a rather nice but very simple "optical illusion" governed by simple geometry.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
James,

Thanks for noticing it so fast.

Michael,

You nailed it. But you may have missed the point.
Kings Fool is not an effect to fool magicians. It fools the lay people! I have personally used this as a business card for many years now and from my personal experience only about 2% of the people get it on the first try. The fact that it is a simple "optical illusion" is it's strength. They laugh, they think, and quickly they understand. But they still think it's so cool that they want to run off and show their friends.

Kings Fool is a MARKETING TOOL. Because Kings Fool is a business card, the people you give it to become advertisers for you. Marketing is all about numbers. Kings Fool allows those numbers to grow exponentually. You give out 20 cards, each person shows 10 of their friends, that's like you giving out 200 cards for the price of 20 and you reach more people than you could on your own. That's one reason why it works so great as a trade show give away.

So Kings Fool is not going to be a reputation making effect or win first place at FISM, but it will be one of the most unforgetable and affordable advertising tools you'll find and I'm sure it will get you some call backs.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, or if I just gave you a lot of sales hype. I have no secrets to hide here so feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for looking,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
GREAT IDEA.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26945 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What size is the product? Business card size?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
From the website:

Finished Card size: 115 x 80 mm
(about 4.5 x 3.125 inches)

Although, it is also going to be available as a "print yourself" .jpg, which presumably could be scaled to any size you want.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
This is a fantastic idea!

If I were giving away business cards, I would DEFINITELY use this, without question.

I doubt any regular business card could generate the reactions this one does.

Good job Kipp!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Not my style, but very cool nonetheless. Definitely an ingenious way to distribute your business card and possibly even create some new magicians. Marketing experts would be impressed with the ingenuity of this one.

Great job Kipp!
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I just received a call from the company who is replicating the disks for me. They told me that they will be shipping the Do-It-Yourself Kit on Friday. I should have them sometime next week. I'm offering free shipping on the Do-It-Yourself kit for everyone who orders before I actually receive the product. The Professional Print version is available now.

Pete,
I showed you this at Stan's Jamboree earlier this year. Thanks for your input.

Joathan,
The whole card is bigger than a standard business card, and the business card window is smaller than a standard business card. The finished product won't fit in a business card rollodex, but that's okay, you don't want it there anyways. You want it out being shown around. The finished product does fit nicely into a shirt pocket, ready to go.

Logan & CasualSoul,
Thanks for your kind statements. I hope it's more than just marketing experts who understand ingenuity of this one.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Some people have told me that when they went to my site they were not able to find the pricing information. I think this has to do with individual security settings that don't allow images or hyperlinks to be shown. I would be interested in hearing from you if you have had the same experience.

2) What do you think of the price?

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry

Posted: Oct 11, 2006 12:21pm
I just received word that the Do-It-Yourself kit is on it's way.

The official release date will be Friday, October 13.

All pre-orders made before then will receive free shipping.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry

Posted: Oct 11, 2006 1:28pm
Here is a special offer to Café members only.

Since Friday the 13 is generally considered to be unlucky, I will make it your lucky day.

For the first 10 Café members who order the Kings Fool Do-It-Yourself Kit on Friday October 13, I will send you a $20 bill along with your order. Plus, you will still get the free shipping!

That's 50% off plus free shipping!

Contest rules:
1) You must use PayPal.
2) You must be a Café member.
3) Include your Café user id in the special comments area when you order through PayPal (This will be verified).
4) The order must be placed on Friday, October 13 only (Mountain Standard Time, not your time). Orders placed outside of this 24 hour time zone period will not qualify.

I will post the winners on this thread.

Good luck, and have fun!

Posted: Oct 14, 2006 10:14am
Okay! So, maybe Friday the 13th is a bad luck day. Two major problems.

1) Them Magic Café was down for quite a while on Friday.
2) My domain was sending out corrupted HTML so people could not find the link to the purchase page.

I had no sales on Friday so there were no winners. Sorry for all the bad luck. The Café has solved their problems, now I need to figure out mine.

I would appreciate any help in tracking down my problem. Apparently some people can find the links okay and others cannot. In trouble shooting this problem I am trying to find the similarities between those who can get to the "buy" page and the who cannot.

Here is where you can help. Please send me a PM telling me if you are successful or not, and what systems you are using ie: 1) Browser and version, 2) Firewall and version, 3) The name of your Internet provider.

When you visit this page: http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/sales/store.htm you should see 4 of my effects for sale. The top one should be Kings Fool and you should see a picture of the product. Actually all four products should each have a picture. If you do not see the picture for the product then you don't have a link to the "buy" page.

Whether you see it or not I would appreciate anyone willing to take the time to PM me and tell me whether you see the image or not and your system information I stated above.

With your help I can hopefully find similarities between those who see the image and those who do not. This one has tech support and I pulling our hair out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13908 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-09-27 00:30, jclark wrote:
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm

I was looking at it today and wanted to see if anyone knows anything about it?

James
Black's Magic
http://www.blacksmagicshop.com
877-877-7878

Now THAT'S a great idea! What a fabulous way to get your name spread around in multiplicity!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Let's not forget the classic "1-4-3-6" Domino trick can easily be put onto business cards, in fact even after they are printed(via a small stamp)

Also an easy way to "put a trick" on your business card, and also magical in addition to optical as they will be learning a magic trick(learning to cover to show different numbers).

-daegs
ps please change the design on that page, much too large font, and I have to scroll *LITERALLY* 9 pages(and I use smaller than average default font sizes) to see the whole page, and it doesn't even contain enough information to warrant more than 2. The first image takes up more than an entire page without really providing an extra info that it would have from even an eighth of its size. The design makes my eyes hurt.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Great idea. You should template it to a playing card size and a business card size as well. My real job is a salesman and I do a 3 card monte type effect and produce my business card that's printed on a bicycle backed card (actually on a label that fits the card but blends in nicely!). It would be hard to carry the original size during the day, the smaller sizes fit in a shirt pocket or card holder.
Kipp, some feedback you requested. Although I think the effect is great $40 is a little high, unless there is more then the CD. I think a lot more magicians would pay you $20 for your idea.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I believe this is $30.00 not $40.00 and...worth every cent.It is a quick and simple giveaway.Quick to explain and say...''Do you like it? ''You can keep it''
Previous to this I was using a give away with a simple [I thought!] binary number trick.But explaining the math to people who were not the sharpest tools in
the shed was starting to get to me so this great dvd came along just in time.
Highly recomended!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Very clever idea and I'm sure sound thinking on the multiple viewing of your business card.
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
This is a great idea. has any one picked it up yet I was thinking about trying the do it yourself version but I want to make sure I will really be able to do it!
thanks

Cam
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
773 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Pretty sweet looking. Nice Job!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
Kipp,

I got on your website and tried looking at some things. First of all, I can't view or download either of the video demos for King's Fool. I can't view the following pages:
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/sales/store.htm
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/sales/Ki......hase.htm
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/sales/Ki......hase.htm

I'm running McAfee 2007 on Windows XP and I tried using IE7, IE6, and FF2. Nothing worked. I started to have internet issues after being on your site, so I rebooted. McAfee blocked the WMV and when I clicked on the MPG, everything locked up again. If you need help, I do website design too.
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Cam and a few others have asked if someone actually has used this. Seth Kramer has and he has posted a review. Click here for link to the review.

Thank you to everyone elese who likes the concept.

Bradymc, sorry for the technical difficulities your having. PM me.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Kipp,
This is a great item. I think $30.00 is more than a fair price when you factor in return from investment. I sent you a couple of emails regarding some technical details, but will be placing an order this week.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
There have been a couple of published reviews so far.

Peter Duffie did a review for Magic Magazine in the February 2007 issue. You can read it by clicking here.

Bill Palmer did a review for MUM Magazine (Society of American Magicians) in the March 2007 issue. You can read it by clicking here.

Thank you for the great reviews.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone seen this? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL