The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Behold the Scarabaeus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds interesting, this is the type of effect where a demo is needed. It sound's completely ipossible. BORROW a bottle, BORROW a phone and penetrate the bottle with the phone. Need's a knife to get it out as well. It will be interesting to see whether the phone goes in through the side of the bottle or up through the bottom of the bottle.
The only part that is getting me is the 'Insta-ditch' which comes with the package. What could you be ditching? Hmmmmm
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
The only part that is getting me is the 'Insta-ditch' which comes with the package. What could you be ditching? Hmmmmm
------------------------------------------------------
May be you need another bottle of the same type? Without demo we simply can't tell if it is that good.

I probably will wait till some revw come out first. It is an pre-order item (mid Oct), so we may need to wait for a while.
AaronSmith
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of AaronSmith
You're going to love The Scarabaeus! There aren't any switches, duplicates, or extra bottles. The Scarabaeus gimmick allows you to use the spectator's unprepared plastic bottle and visually insert any borrowed item small enough to fit inside!

Insta-Ditch is a handy little tool that holds The Scarabaeus when you're not using it. Should you want to pocket it quickly, Insta-Ditch provides the perfect method to both ditch and retrieve the gimmick.

It's a fairly simple gimmick with a ton of possible routines. I include quite a bit of info in the instructions. We're having a ball with it here at The Depot! The demo video will be up in a couple of weeks. Thanks guys!

- Aaron Smith
The Magic Depot - Free Shipping WorldWide!

http://themagicdepot.com
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Sound like a winner!! Looking forward for the demo
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3611 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looking forward to the endless speculation that will no doubt surround this product. Also looking forward to see how inaccurate the ad copy is for this one.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Don't be too negative too soon! Its sound too good and impossible. But I will wait for the demo before comment.
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Wow...sounds too good...wow!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Just to solve a problem that happened with Daniel Garcia's Fraud DVD...where people were mystified that there was a switch of a bill involved, and somehow thought magic could be done without preparation, let me state something here.

I could be wrong, and Lord knows I have been, but I will be shocked if the bottle is unprepared. I am not going to say it sounds too good to be true, and I don't usually slam a product before release, but after the hysteria I have witnessed the last few days regarding advertisement copy vs. what you get, I will be amazed if there is not some preparation done to the bottle. I will auction all my Collectors Workshop stuff tomorrow if it proves to be true.

Now, I know I have argued in the past that method should not matter as opposed to the final impact on a spectator, but I notice that the ad does leave out...bottle can be openly showed on all sides after insertion, or spectator can examine, or no visible signs of preparation.

I hope I am wrong, (I do love my CW products) and I don't want to ruin sales, I just want the same people who slam a company, product, or creator because they felt misled "by the method" as opposed to the effect, to not jump up and down and say, but it said "any borrowed bottle, with no preparation."
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Where can I put my bids in now? I mean, just in case....
AaronSmith
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of AaronSmith
Impossible Phone Booth is but one of the tricks included with The Scarabaeus. Try my Fort Knox Coins to Bottle. Borrow a bottle and the spectator's loose change. Stack the coins on your palm, slam the bottle against the coins, and they ALL go inside instantly! Everything is inspectable before and after both routines.

I found only two restrictions during product development. First, Gatorade-type bottles prove tricky with the cell phone routine, but water and soda bottles work great! Second, I prefer the cap on the bottle. In extreme closeup situations, Scarabaeus goes to work while the spectator screws on the cap. You can perform cap free, but I would rather there be a cap on the bottle in certain settings.

Every trick included with Behold The Scarabaeus is impromptu. The gimmick alters the bottle right in front of the spectator. You can use The Scarabaeus gimmick over and over again, but should it ever wear out, a simple process will breathe new life into the tiny device.

Remember, if you buy something from me and don't like it for any reason whatsoever, you can return it within thirty days. If it's because of something untrue in my ad copy, I'll pay the return shipping. Sales aren't final, but rather the start of something magical!

- Aaron Smith
The Magic Depot - Free Shipping WorldWide!

http://themagicdepot.com
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Aaron -

You sound like the guy that is so nice, I just want to hate you.

Blast, I just might have to break my rule of diving into brand new, destined to be hyped, unreviewed magic.

Can't wait for a video...

Derek Merdinyan
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
878 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Ill vouch for Aaron on his commitment to being a GREAT dealer... I called him today with some issues on some pk rings I bought , and after speaking for a few, and clearing some thoughts up, we were laughing like old friends. Understand that I don't know Aaron from Adam, (does anyone know Adam?) but as a person he comes across as that ols friend you havent talked to in awhile. And that translates over to his business. NOt a lot of dealers let you send things back, let alone just because you didn't like it. All that being said, I am not sure I wanna put a cell phone in a bottle. It might have some water or what not in it. just playing with a water bottle right now , I have to shake the ever loving crap outta it to get ALL the water out and even then there are some tiny drops... This is just MY concern. don't flame me to much for it!!!! AN I might get this for the other things you can do.

Judah Vee
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
...Remember, if you buy something from me and don't like it for any reason whatsoever, you can return it within thirty days. If it's because of something untrue in my ad copy, I'll pay the return shipping. Sales aren't final, but rather the start of something magical!

Good to see that some guarantee their products. Nice.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I saw Chris Angel do this effect on one of his shows. It looked great a phone in a bottle , Hmmmm He did another one like it with a bottle cap I wonder if it was the same gimmick??? don't know but the add on Hocus Pocus said many items can be used, not only the cell phone.. I am think of getting it I just wonder if the gimmick is made to last, or am I wasitng more money??
anyone with answers yet???
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
This sounds very-interesting, I just pre-ordered this product and I'll gladly review once I've recieved-it.

Best Regards,

-Erick
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3611 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Just to let everyone know, as Michael's lawyer, I get dibs on all his CW stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on his Burmese Bells Smile (sorry Michael, I had to say it)
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
279 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Just out of curiosity, why will it be weeks for a demo? It seems nowadays, if you were planning on releasing a demo in the first place, why not do it before you start selling the product? A good demo is easy to do and takes no time whatsoever. A nice live performance demo would be great, and exactly what most people want to see. I think the product sounds like it has potential. But being mislead oh so many times now, I am very skeptical.
gink103
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of gink103
Im not someone who is going to ask questions to try and figure out the method involved. I just wan't to know is the bottle really completely examinable, presentable, or dirty. Basically can someone take the bottle with thier cell phone in it and carry it around a party showing everyone and having everyone examining it?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Can the spectators handle the bottle immediatley after the penetration and before the performer cuts it open?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Behold the Scarabaeus (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL