The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Hi
Wndering if some people could come up with suggestions for the fianle of a one man magic/mentalism show.I was originally going to close with velocity or a milkcan escape, but htis has since been scrapped, I am looking for a dramatic finale, for me this is either got to be one with a big finishing applause cue, or something really dramatic/dangerous. I was thinking about doing Luke Jermays pulse stopping routine that would come with a built in ovation, but obviously if this doesn't work, I'm left with a very weak ending. I can probably go up to about $600.

Cheers
Nick
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
At the risk of advertising, I do have a finale called Troupe Vanish which is fairly cheap to build and plays big. Click on the link under this post. There's also a video demo. PM me if you need to ask any questions.

Julian
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Just because it's the finale does not mean that it has to be BIG!

"Snowstorm in China" has been my closer for 30+ years when I do stand up or stage work. Unless you are planning on working the audience into a fever pitch.

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If it's a one-man show, Troupe Vanish seems a little out of place, as does the Milk Can Escape, but a good Spirit Cabinet Illusion in which you dress up in a Wizard's Cape while the Spirit wreaks havoc within the cabinet, and then you freeze in terror when the Cabinet collapses and a demon arises out of the fog and debris, climbs down off the platform and picks up the terror-stricken Wizard and makes him vanish in flames. Then when the Demon removes his mask and it is you... and you did it all by yourself with no assistants, all heck should break loose. At least I would clap my hands loudly if I were watching this.

Make it from PVC pipe and you should be well within your budget. I'm combining the Vampire Cape Vanish (adapted as a Wizard's Robe) from Jim Gerrish's PVC Pipe Book #2, and his Spirit Cabinet from PVC Pipe Book # 3 (both on my site) with a little hutzpah and remodeling.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
Here's a well known secret -

Your "finale" is not final.

The BEST entertainers do something so thrilling and vigorous at the end of the show it exhausts them -- and then - return exhausted for an "encore" the real Finale of the show.......giving their last breath for the audience,

Witness Judy Garland, Wayne Newton, etc. in the singing world.

It also brings something many magicians do not have to the stage -- a love for the audience, rather than themselves. (Provocative statement.)
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
However watching many magicians, I mnotice very few of them come out to encores, no matter how could the encore is. It is not the norm for a magician, firdtly it is difficult to get that kind of reception at the shows I do, they are private parties, this is not a theatre show, Secondly as it is not the norm, people will think you've finished and leave. Simple as that.

Pleople don't expect it, as in the audiences mind, it is impossible to do your finale, simply on demand, you need time and set up. Secondly, I have yet to see a magician that has had a good enough reception to justify an encore. And these shows were fantastic, but its a completely different format

I also don't see why an encore demonstrates a love for an audience.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Finale also depends of the show. Does youre show has a theme? Or are you just performing number of different tricks?
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I have got my finale, now. Thanks Guys.
Through out my show, I am now asking my volounteersm toname different aspects of the show, for reasons that will be demonstrated at the end. So I now us Postcards from Nowhere as my finale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Finale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL