The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » This time of year. . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
The leaves starting to change, the nip in the air, the tang of a cold glass of cider, smoke from the sacrificial fires. . . Can it get any better?

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ain't it the TRUTH??? I live for this time of year...leaves don't change here but air is definately Fall and Halloween stuff is everywhere.
I just did a neat Halloween Prop for a Peppers Ghost Illusion being built by Owen Magic for Illusionist David Seebach. (See it on my front page) It sure got me in the mood!!!

Happy Fall Ravin an all...this is 'the goods'.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Oooh Doug. Very cool!
What would Wavy do?
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Yep, 'tis the season !

I guess I'm a dreamer:
*Favorite time of year: Autumn
*Favorite time of day: Twilight/dusk
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have had "the feeling" for a few weeks now. I live in a cool climate and it has felt like Autumn in the air for a while. I get excited around this time of year. I can feel my....."transformation" already starting to take place........

Regan
Mister Mystery
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
This time of year always reminds me of Ray Bradbury....

"First of all it was October, a rare month for boys. Not that all months aren't rare. But there be bad and good, as the pirates say. Take September, a bad month: school begins. Consider August, a good month: school hasn't begun yet. July, well, July's really fine: there's no chance in the world for school. June, no doubting it, June's best of all, for the school doors spring wide and September's a billion years away.

But you take October now. School's been on a month and you're riding easier in the reins, jogging along. You got time to think of the garbage you'll dump on old man Prickett's porch, or the hairy-ape costume you'll wear to the YMCA the last night of the month. And if it's around October twentieth and everything smoky-smelling and the sky orange and ash gray at twilight, it seems Halloween will never come in a fall of broomsticks and a soft flap of bedsheets around corners."
VeritasNoir
View Profile
New user
Chicago
18 Posts

Profile of VeritasNoir
I have been waiting for this all summer!
"We have art in order not to die of truth." ~ Nietzsche
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
I dare say I have you all beat -- autumn in New England is truly magical! Walking the same streets as Poe and Lovecraft, as colorful dry leaves scatter in the cool wind ... wonderful.

Happy autumn, one and all!

Rory

(no relation to Mark -- that I know!)
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Yes New England is full of lore and rich with atmosphere of legends, where I live. Sleepy Hollow not far from here. Autumn in the Berkshires (Western Massachusetts) is glorious with fall colors, ripe with stories of ghosts and witches in Salem, Mass. It doesn't get any better for magic and mystery in these parts. Old houses, spooky hills, country roads. Tales of the supernatural are everywhere. Especially with a cultural background of the history of the country's origins. Both Revolutionary, and the French and Indian Wars. Not to mention Civil War training campsites all around. The old graveyards dating back to 300 years are still found everywhere.
That's just for starters..
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Nah, I grew up in New England. I can miss a little fall color to avoid those @#$#@ "leaf peepers" and those hellacious winters, thanks. Besides, I can walk same streets that Poe walked here. He attended UVA briefly before he was unceremoniously expelled for gambling and excessive drinking. It's funny UVA has his room glassed in for the tourists. They have a great stuffed raven on his bed post. So much for historical accuracy. Plus, I live on property that was once owned by Merriweather Lewis, about 100 yards from his house. He's buried in the church yard about 1/4 a mile from my house. And, if you want Civil War history, you can't beat Virginia. Talk about ghosts!

Raven

PS the tourism board is paying me, but perhaps they should
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Sheesh, give me hot weather, high humidity, the threat of hurricanes, and the lightning capital of the United States any day.

Sweatily,

Bill (Keep yer dang snow!)
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
WITH ALL the DEAD leaves, DEAD flowers, DEAD grass, and the BATS flying about, seeking their final meals for the season---one would THINK I would love it--but nay, I prefer the summer's sun, being from the FAR EAST and all...

then again, this time o' year caueseth my woman to snuggle up--a bit closer Smile (compassionate loving Baba)

Baba
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Snow sucks, but I love the prelude of fall.
Perfect temperatures, bizarre weather shifts...I love sitting outside with a cup of hot chocolate or tea watching the world as it dies around me. The wind in the trees no longer swishes through leaves but knocks branch against branch. The graveyards become more unkempt and there is almost never complete silence. Things rattle and creak and a running mouse can make as much noise running as a bear.
Everything starts to smell like smoke and leaf mold, but there is a certain cleanness to it all.
Fall is good...Winter is simply depressing.
Gwyd
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
THAT WAS...........BEAUTIFUL Smile SERIOUSLY...TRUTH TRUTH...
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Boy, things really did turn "Bizarre" here on this thread over night ! Did I say something wrong about Massachusetts ? I love the warm weather too, but I was just only romanticizing about what will be left, (Before) the winter hits. Mark Raven, sorry if I pushed a button dude... Geesh ! Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
SO yeah John, My family makes a trip to Sleepy Hollow most every year around Halloween...we go to the Halloween festivities at Philipsburg Manor, Late 17th century Manor house and farm. It's too cool to watch the Headless Horseman in full gallop across the fields.

It's also a great time of year up there to tour Washington Irving's house on the Hudson. Not to be missed.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 13:40, johnjnesbit wrote:
Boy, things really did turn "Bizarre" here on this thread over night ! Did I say something wrong about Massachusetts ? I love the warm weather too, but I was just only romanticizing about what will be left, (Before) the winter hits. Mark Raven, sorry if I pushed a button dude... Geesh ! Smile

Man, not sure where that was coming from. . . I was only responding with fun in my heart, friend.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
It is getting foggy outside. Must leave now and prepare my photo slide projector with some ghost pictures. In the days of camera obscura that was no problem, now you only need an accumulator and a low voltage bulb inside. And I have enough time until the midnight show...and I like the spectators faces when seeing ghosts - a real good mood setter for bizarre magick.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:

Man, not sure where that was coming from. . . I was only responding with fun in my heart, friend.

Raven

Mark, the same here. Fun in my heart too, as always ! Smile

Abrell, I would like to hear more about your ghost prjections.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Snow sucks, but I love the prelude of fall.
Perfect temperatures, bizarre weather shifts...I love sitting outside with a cup of hot chocolate or tea watching the world as it dies around me. The wind in the trees no longer swishes through leaves but knocks branch against branch. The graveyards become more unkempt and there is almost never complete silence. Things rattle and creak and a running mouse can make as much noise running as a bear.
Everything starts to smell like smoke and leaf mold, but there is a certain cleanness to it all.
Fall is good...Winter is simply depressing.
Gwyd

You can say that again. ( Smile )
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » This time of year. . . (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL