The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Letter to Santa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I'm finalizing this year's Christmas show and I recently purchased this effect. I tried doing a search on the Café to see if anyone had a review on it, but I didn't find anything. Is anyone using this effect and, if so, what type of response have you had with it? Thanks in advance.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I have another make that Hocus Pocus sold 3 years ago.
Mine is made from black plastic, and a bit shorter than the Jay Leslie make.
Great rabbit production for a rabbit.
The only problem with Jay's is the Christmas theme. Unless you'd want to repaint it for regular use in a magic show.
His have some wood lining on the bottom, but I think it makes the box weighty.
All in all, it is very well made---much better than mine.
How much did you pay for the box?
What kind of material is it made from?.
Richard.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Richard,

Thanks for the quick response. I already anticipated having to redo the cosmetics of the mail box if I were to use it for anything other than the Christmas season, but it looked like a very "eye catching" item. I just ordered it on sale from Hocus-Pocus for $75.00. I hope that was a good price. Once I receive the product, I'll provide an updated post on the materials used and the quality of the item. Thanks again.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Kent.
You got a great deal.
That box is selling for $145, or some where in that range.
Its a great prop. One of the best rabbit production on the market.
Richard
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
You just made my day!! Smile

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Is Letter To Santa very deceptive? It seems the depth of the box gives away too much. I am only judging from pictures.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Gosh, I thought you were talking about this trick, also called "Letter to Santa". Not a rabbit production.

It's one I've been interested in for a long time, now. Anyone have this one?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Isn't that the Backstage Elephant Vanish in disguise? It looks very "familiar".

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yup, backstage "sucker" vanish and a clatter box, all themed.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2006-09-28 20:46, Regan wrote:
Is Letter To Santa very deceptive? It seems the depth of the box gives away too much. I am only judging from pictures.

Regan

Hi Regan.
My mail box came from a different maker, made of black plastic.
A bit shorter and lighter than the Jay Leslie make.
The inside is very deceptive. This is one of my favourate rabbit production.
I will be using it in my Christmas shows. A red bow stuck to the front door and a green ribbon tied around the box will turn it into a Christmas mail box.
Richard.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hi Richard.

Thanks for the input. I have been considering this rabbit box for a long time. I may go ahead and order one.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Regan,

If you choose to purchase one, it is currently on the Hocus-Pocus Clearance Event.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Regan, I think that one has been sold to magicman845. He's the poster on this subject.
Try to get this box, its very light and easy to carry.
If you're good with metal (I think this one is made of metal) you can make the box a bit shorter.
Richard.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks magicman845. I have been looking over that Hocus Pocus list.

Richard, I would like it to be a little shorter, but I don't know about building it myself. I am going to call Hocus Pocus and see if they have any more.

Regan
Mister Mystery
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
What I meant was that you can make the box much shorter after you've bought it from Hocus Pocus.
Remove the back cover and cut about off a bit, then solder the back cover on.
Simple as slicing bread.
They may have one left.
Richard
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ah Richard, I got it now. Well, Hocus Pocus did have one left for me, so I got one on the way. When I get it I will look it over and see if I think it needs to be shortened....and if it does ned shortened, I will evaluate the difficulty and decide whether or not to try it.

I was happy that they still had one left, but at the same time I wanted the Backstage Vanishing Elephant that was mentioned earlier, and they had sold out of it. That was the second time I had tried to order that and missed out, so I am rather disappointed about that.

Regan
Mister Mystery
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1620 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Mister, you're going to enjoy producing the bunny from the mail box.
I love mine so much that I find it difficult to put it away.
Although, I also produce lucy from the hat.
When you get it email me.
Richard.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Yes, I am excited Richard! I have had my eye on this for a long time. This thread finally persuaded me to get it, plus the Hocus Pocus sale was going on. I got it for a great price.

I will let you know when it gets to me. I may have to send you a PM here at the Magic Café because my email is still out of order. I can recieve messages but I cannot send them.

Regan
Mister Mystery
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
I too enjoy my mailbox production. I have build a six minute routine around it. Working on a different routine for Christmas. Just haven't got it yet. I am thinking of red/white ribbon around the box with a red bow in front. Any other ideas?
Max
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Well, I received my Letter to Santa this week and I must say, it's very well constructed. The entire mailbox is made of metal and really does appear to be a customized, old-fashioned mailbox. The unit is about 18 inches in length and is very deceptive. The release is simple, smooth and silent - just what you would want for such a production. Very nice decorative lettering and Christmas design that will fit into the show I intend it for.

The only problem I had with the product was that the front handle was bent out of shape with a little paint coming off of it. This will not affect the performance in any way and can be easily fixed.

The wooden base support was simply glued on to the mailbox and had come off by the time I received it. Again, it's very easy to fix, if I want to attach it to a stand or table base. This isn't something that I will likely do since it simply means more to carry and transport (wthout adding much more to the effect).

Also, the mailbox was completely covered in a layer of dust. This must have been a display model. That's o.k. though, considering I purchased it in a Clearance Sale and the prce was 50% of normal retail.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with the design and quality of this product, and I'm sure I will be getting tremendous reactions with it. This is something I would highly recommend to anyone.

Correction - this is something I would highly recommend to anyone not peforming in my area! Smile

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Letter to Santa (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL