The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ex Nihilo meets Baba Gede Nibo...a story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
For years I had awaited patiently, nay impatiently, this moment. You see, the time had come for my consideration for the entrance into the final Chamber of the Vo du path--After years of hard work, dedication and study, I finally had an appointment with Houngan Pierre Ogu, one of the most respected and feared Priests in all of Brooklyn.

I entered the dark abode at the alloted time, filled with feelings of anticipation, tainted with that ol' feeling of fear I still struggled with occasionally. I could barely see my way through the blackened halls, my nose filled with smells of decapitated chickens, and cigars. Following the morbid scent, I found my way.

There the old man sat, murmuring to himself as if I was never there. His cauldron was hot with fire, candles adorned the path to his divining table...blood soaked the ground.

Finally taking notice of me he grumbled, "So you have been found worthy by the outer offices...good words I have heard from your Master--one final thing....to see if the Loa Spirits will accept." The old man pointed to the chair where I was to sit, lit his huge cigar in the candle flame, his eyes penetrating my soul inch by inch.

He finally broke his gaze, reaching for his cigar box--a usual keeper of divining tools of the Vodousi. I watched as the candle made visible, then invisible with its queer flickers, the Statue of St. Anthony--who vibrates to Papa legba in Vo Du. The old man took from the box adorned with Vo Du symbols, some old cards, which he took care to remove from the red flannel hankerchief.

"We will use these as our vehicle to contact them," he said coughing all the while. "I want you to remove one card my son--choose wisely, for this will seal your fate from here on..... peer upon it, then, pick up the image of Legba, and place it upon the card--but for a moment. Finally, remove the sacred image of Legba and replace the card into the deck--hahaha you have taken the card from the womb, given it to the Spirit, only to return it to the tomb," he mumbled in a riddle I quickly comprehended, but didn't know why.

I did as I was told. The old Houngan was unconcerned and never even looked upon my doings all the while. After I finished, he returned from the Cosmos of his timeless mind, and began the divination that would decide my entrance into the final Chamber.

Taking the old batter'd deck, he held them to his head for a moment in prayer, it seemed. His haitian tongue began speaking in words unbeknownst to myself, as learned as I was in Vo Du. Then, one by one, he laid the cards down next to the image and the candle, his cigar dangling from his big Afrikan lips.

He finally stopped on one card, faced down. Looking at me deeply, he finally grinned that ancient grin I remembered seeing ol' George donned years before. It seemed I was accepted.

After a moment of eternal silence he finally blurted, "Yes my son...your Master was right...the Loa have made it plain...this card, the 7 of Diamonds is a tell tale sign of one worthy of Priesthood." I was confused at his divination, for the cards were faced down the entire time, yet he seemed to see. Finally, he picked up the card and thrust it in my inquisitve face, displaying the said card before mine eyes, to my bewilderment. I had been accepted.

I went into my pockets, and retrieved the money offering and set it near Legba, in the image of St. Anthony. Then, out of the dark of the secret room, I was snatched by the devotees, covered in white, and sent to the Chamber for my final initiation. O how I remember the old man's hysterical laughter as I was being yanked from the comforts of my former life.

I have never been the same from that day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha Baba is in the writing mood tonite good and worthy brethren...

SO, here we have a bit O' VO DU, wrapped in with a nice subtle, strong card effect.

Ex Nihilo is an EXCELLENT tool, despite what them hyenas say down yonder...they loved to pick and pry their latest prey--but Ol' Alexandre is a Lion, little did they know.........I recommend this tool, for it is simple, yet FERTILE with possiblities...

here, I employ the statue to accomplish the execution of the tool...those who purchase(d) know what I speak of...let it suffice to say that the image here is what eventually allows the Mage to divine the card...at least in location...

BUT

you noticed the Mage KNEW THE CARD WHILE IT WAS FACED DOWN...this is where Ted Lesley comes in, so do your research....

and, no, this is not in the book--just an idea ive been using the last 6 days to family and friends--kils 'em DEAD!! just how I like it....

THANX Alexandre for this tool...

Baba
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Baba, you are inspiring me with your writing abilities. I can smell a good book comming out soon. Smile
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
THANX brother---hope all has been well...yes, let INSPIRATION be the offering I give, if no thing else...for, verily, the very word SPIRIT is found veiled in the word, INSPIRATION....so mote it be...

Baba
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Baba's inventiveness never fails to amaze me! His stories are always incredible. Wonderful!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Nice stuff, Gede! Hey, do you ever sleep?!?!?!?!

Raven

PS Bill, last night my wife, for some reason, asked me to say the blessing. I couldn't think of anything, but the phrase from your signature came to mind. Everyone was impressed. Especially since I didn't tell them what it meant. Smile
What would Wavy do?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
THANX MY BROS.....any of you fellas have EX NIHILO?? good stuff...

HAHAHAH someone PM'd me and say this story was the reason they order book Smile

then they went on to say that I was like, and I quote, "THE TIGER WOODS OF BIZARRE MAGICK" Smile Smile Smile LMBAO (LAUGHING MY BLACK ARSE OFF)...

Wait till Mysitican hears about this one.

Baba
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Great story Baba.

Now I just can't help but think would reactions to Ex Nihilo been different if it had been written like that?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 07:02, Mark Raven wrote:
Nice stuff, Gede! Hey, do you ever sleep?!?!?!?!

Raven

PS Bill, last night my wife, for some reason, asked me to say the blessing. I couldn't think of anything, but the phrase from your signature came to mind. Everyone was impressed. Especially since I didn't tell them what it meant. Smile

Smile

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!! Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!

Hail yes!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Baba, LMWAO!

Nal
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Baba, I don't have EX NIHILO, but YCBYBA (You Can Bet Your...) that I will get it now!

Nal
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Great Baba, I love your stuff, but I must ask you to kindly stop it. Like Bill, every time you do something like this I have to spend more money. Ex Nihilo was just ordered by myself. Fortunately it's payday.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LOL...I TRY, I TRY...HAHAHA..

NOW yu may be absolutely SHOCKED at the simplicity--AND YOU , LIKE I MAY HAVE THOUGHT OF SUCH AN APPLICATION BEFORE--it mirrors my RITE OF CONCEIRGE effect, though I employ a different app.

its uses are many, and are limited to your brain cells--which I STILL APPARENTLY HAVE MANY (EHEM, told ya Mystician)...

its been knocked down in the mental case forum below because, in my opinion they didn't THINK FOR THEMSELVES...in all due respect...

Baba Tiger woods
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Dearest Gede,
"Hyenas"? "They love to pick and pry their latest prey"? "mental case forum"? "they didn't think for themselves"?
No. Some of us just didn't like this effect as much as you did. But apparently we are no longer allowed to express our dislike for an effect we have paid for, without suffering juvenile insults like the above.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
I KID I KID Smile BUT dear brother--its no secret that yu fellas down below are rough on your prey--and the hyena/lion was but a reference to that...

I again say, was only tounge in cheek--and will argue of this no further...I respect your opines, and love your posts..

Baba
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thanks for sharing that story Baba. I look forward to receiving your book--should be very inspiring stuff!!

Thanks,
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Tiger Baba ?? LOL !
Yep, the world's upside down, the world's best golfer is black and the biggest rap star is white (Eminmen).
I know, that's old schtick by now..

Ted's system is great (referring to the deck), and the recent numerous versions or improvments are even better.
Ex-Nihilo I'm unfamiliar with at the moment...
(Too busy at work to dig in right now)
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Okay, just read Ex Nihilo. You and Alexandre. . . what is it the British say? . . . "You cheeky b*st*rds!" That is so cool.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Hahaha....its a nice tool, as stated Smile

I see Alexandre has no intentions of coming in and joining us any more...even though he used to Smile

anyhow, try it using a prop to execute the "thing"....dim lights, candles help in the whole thing....experinent in the application.. I put a bit too much on the other nite--but still didn't get caught--just made my job easier...the candle really helps make it seen...

don't know bout you guys, but Baba thinks he made a good tool at least a thousand and eight times stronger...

(bows,)

Baba
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
Hyenas have the largest hunt to kill ratio in all the animal kingdom with a close to 90% success rate. The image of them as scavengers is false. In truth most prey they kill is often stolen by hungry lioness' and becuase the hynea can eat what the lions don't they wait and finsih. Hyena's are also the only animals that truly kill for sport, as well as necessity, and actually digest bone and need it in their diet to dissolve their stomach acids.

So be careful what you say about nature's most effective land predator.

Baba's is my bocor.

His is TRUE magic.

H D X!
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
The trick is in the story.
No story... no magic.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ex Nihilo meets Baba Gede Nibo...a story (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL