The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » 2 Headed 5 Legged Turtle!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Ok...Start off with basic care sheets.
Found some good ones for you-
http://www.reptileforums.com/care_sheets......ider.htm
http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/reptilest......care.htm
and the super duper uber datailed
http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/ca......ider.htm

Fortunately Red Eared Sliders are pretty basic beginner level turtles, fairly low maintenance. (I worked in a couple of zoos with herps of all sorts, and compared to others, really easy)
Never dealt with a two headed critter that might have special needs, but I know the basics. Definately talk to a herpitologist and have the number for a good reptillian vet for any special needs.
Gwyd
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
THANKS!!! I'm up now watching them like a newborn!!! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown until some time passes.......... Smile
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Well......I didn't say anything, because I was depressed for a week.....but the 2 headed 5 legged turtle died. He was sick from the time I got him and died 3 days later. The good news is that I just got another 2 headed turtle (not with 5 legs) and he's looking healthy and happy. Wish me luck on this one!!!!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
What are you going to do with the one that died?

Where did you find another one?

How common are these?

Thanks
BigJeff
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I've preserved them in a jar. I got this newest one from Florida......they are pretty common. You would be suprised. So far, these guys are eating well and are well coordinated. Wish them well!!!!!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi T-Ray,

I don't suppose you have a picture of your new pet(s)... I wasn't sure whether to use the singular or the plural.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I do! If you want to pm your email to me, I could send you a picture. I also have some of the one that died.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
My new 2 headed turtle hasn't eaten in 5 days....any advice?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
What are you feeding it? Pellets? Live Goldfish? The pellets really are the best.
Check it's water temp, water quality and PH, make sure it has a good basking light. Reptiles can't digest food without an external heat source that supplies UVB light. Put your hand on top of the basking log or rock. If it is too hot to touch, then you need to move your light source back, if it stays cool to the touch, your heat source needs to be closer. the basking area should be warm to the touch but not hot.
Try feeding it in the water. They can't swallow their food unless they are in the water.
Other tricks- You need smellier or more active food to entice it. Dip the turtle pellets in tunafish juice, offer small pieces of uncooked shrimp and bits of strawberry or rasberry. If all else fails (This is a small turtle, right?) try a small feeder guppy just barely away from the edge of the water. The smell and the flipping of the fish should entice it.
If it goes on for more than a couple more days, get ahold of a herpitologist or reptile vet.
Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything I can do or if you have any questions. This is a very special critter.
Best of luck...(And I'd love to see a picture...My e-mail is in my tag)
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Flies, grubs and meal worms. LIVE and moving. Turtles CAN go a long time without food but should react aggressively to LIVE movement.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Thanks for the help guys....they seem to be strong, just not eating. They are sleeping alot. I've put all types of food in front of them...blood worms(they originally loved these), 3 types of pellets, dried shrimp, crickets (live and dead), meal worms.....they won't eat. The vet said I should try to open their mouth and squeeze some blood worm juice in their mouth. How do I check the ph? I guess I need a kit. Do you know what ph it should be?
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
Here is a 2 headed 6 legged tortise. It is housed in Chinese Garden here in Singapore, which has the World Largest Turtle collection.

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
They are incredible!!! My two headed turtle is still ALIVE and seems to be getting well. Wish me luck!!! Did I mention the other turtle I got? ONE-EYED JACK THE CYCLOPS TURTLE!!!! Born with only ONE EYE in the MIDDLE OF IT'S HEAD!!!! I meant to also let ya'll know of a first......a Three Headed Turtle was born, but died.....now that's one for the books!!!!!
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Well, the little guys died..............I guess I'll have to keep trying. These little guys have a hard time making it. I'll let ya'll know if I get one to live. D@&%!!!
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
Hate to hear it T-Ray. I have been following the thread and pulling for 'em. Wishing you sucess in the future'
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
Any problems with the one eyed turtle? Sorry to hear about the others.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
ONE-EYED JACK IS ALIVE AND HEALTHY!!!!! THANKS FOR ASKING!!! On another note, next week my TWO HEADED CALF arrives!! A full bodied taxidermy of one of the WEIRDEST 2 HEADED CREATURES I have ever seen!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » 2 Headed 5 Legged Turtle!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL