The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cushman Column (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I heard through the grapevine that Bill Cushman is launching an online mentalism column for WizardsApprentice.com ... I visit the site but I see nothing about any column, nothing in the "news" section either.

Are the rumors true? And if so, when should I expect this?

I think this is a great idea and I believe a Cushman column anywhere can only be beneficial to mentalists.

Fill me in please.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I agree.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
If this is true, I really look forward to it !!!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks guys; I'm blushing! The "rumors" are true and my first column is written and should be online within the next couple of weeks. It is a combination of reviews and my ramblings. I'm very excited about this opportunity.

Jack Maxwell, old friend, the store owner and creator of the site, has a lot of coals on the fire right now and we are just doing some final editing and making decisions about a few odds and ends and about how to best get the word out. Obviously this helps! If anyone has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good Thoughts (Guess what the name of the column is Smile ),

Bill
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Congratulations Bill!I alway's enjoy your posts here at the Café,and also your generous advice.

I have no idea what the name of the column will be Smile ..but I am certain it will contain much of your 'righteous philosphy'...Smile

Best.
Rich
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Name of the column ... "Good Thoughts"?

I'm looking forward to it, Bill, you have to get back on here though and let us know when it's out.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Alex, you sucessfully read my mind! I was struggling with a title, decided to write the column without one and when I wrote my signature sign off, knew what the title of the column must be.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
If you were a magician, I thought of "BILL IN CUSHMAN" as a title.

"Good Thoughts" works on a few levels. I like it.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Nice one! Bill is full of good advice.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Bill is solely responsible for my mentalism problem. One day three years ago I posted a Post-It Note peek on Ted Lesley's forums and was kindly asked by Bill to remove it as it was 'too good'. We then started chatting via various forums and he convinced me that my ideas where actually useful and I should do something about them. So I wrote Post-Justify and my mentalism addiction was born.

Bill is one of those people who was born to always make you feel good about yourself and everyone else without sounding patronising which is a rare gift. So anything he is writing you know for sure comes from the heart from a very wise and passionate mentalist!

Not only do I blame him for getting me into mentalism but he is one of those people I have met over the last few years via mentalism and the internet who I can safely say I'd truly like to meet.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks El. That is one of the nicer things I've been told I'm full of!

Bev, you flatter me but my memory is that I wrote you a few sentences, we communicated at more length via email and two days later HUGE reams of what came to be known as Post-Justify were being attached on an almost daily basis. I have rarely witnessed such a flurry of creative activity in my life. And it was so good! I am honored to take the blame for your mentalism passion.

Yes, an in person meeting between us is also on my wish list. Thanks for your support and kind words.

Good Thoughts,

Bill
Millard123
View Profile
Regular user
Millard Longman
174 Posts

Profile of Millard123
Hi Guys,

I am very pleased that Bill is starting a column of Good Thoughts; I think all his Thoughts are Good!

I also trust Bill with sensitive information (he is my personal shrink) and am always happy to share my thoughts with him. I have shared much of my thoughts on performing (including my soon to be released Acius Globus) and always get his Good Thoughts on how I could improve my presentations.

Bill is more than a good friend; he is a boon to mentalism!

Please support his efforts in any way you can; it will help us all!

Millard -- Tooting Bill's Horn
Millard Longman

See all my products at:
www.mevproshop.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I agree. Bill is a benevolent and knowledgeable guy.I really look forward to his column.Keep us posted Bill.

All the best.

Rich
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Here's the latest: My first column is written, edited and ready to launch.

Coincidentally, one of the products I reviewed is out of stock Smile and is back ordered. Understandably Jack, the owner, wants to make sure he has these available given my very positive review.

In the future, I won't always just be reviewing products carried by Wizard's Apprentice but both Jack and I thought it best we start off with items I not only like but that Wizard's has on hand. The product is supposed to be available within the next few days. If not, I'll substitute another product I had planned to review for my second column so we can get this going.

Remember, I'm not only reviewing products, but will also be sharing my ideas on many aspects of mentalism. I also plan to devote some space to the thoughts of some of the best minds in the field.

Thanks for the kind words Millard and Rich. Everyone is being very supportive and I've already received several products that the creators want reviewed. Given the possibility of a negative review, I admire those who are willing to take the risk. I appreciate the confidence that my reviews will be objective and you can be sure I'm doing my best to merit such trust.

I am eager to get "Good Thoughts" up and running and will let you all know when it arrives in cyberspace.

Bill
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
May your Giger Counter happily click away with well-thought readers! We're looking forward to your new column's debut.

H D X!

Lucia
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Hey - Bill's column is up!
(Well, you know what I mean)

http://www.wizardsapprentice.com/cart/st......enews=23

It's just what you'd expect from the guy - detailed reviews, plus tips on how to make the best use of the stuff. Anyone who has benefitted from Bill's words here will love his page I'm sure. Well worth checking out.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Lucia, thanks for your kind words!

El, how did you know my wife's new pet name for "Little Bill?" You must be psychic. So I don't have to tell you how much I appreciate your compliments!

"On The Couch" With Dr. Bill is now a feature at Wizard's Apprentice. It is a bit hidden at present but the above link will take you directly to it. By next month I'll have my own link directly from the front page.

You may have noticed a title change. I sure did! I was taken by surprise but it is growing on me. Plus, if I was a sex therapist, Jack could have titled the column, "In Bed" With Dr. Bill and who knows how that would have ended up Smile.

So instead, I will wish you all, as always,

Good Thoughts,

Bill
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Congratulations Bill!

I liked "good thoughts" as a title but "on the couch" is even better!

Thank you for the link you sent me!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Bill,

Congratulations on the column. Please keep us all informed.

As for a title, I initially was thinking of "Through a Prism" or "Through the Prism" or "Through the Prism, Darkly" in recognition of a certain pioneer in the field. But I have to agree with Alexandre. "Good Thoughts". He nailed it.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Bill in Cushman - that is fantastic!

I'm really looking forward to having a source for impartial mentalism review. Bill's writing is wonderfully fair. His objectivity is second to none - and I can't wait to read more.

With best wishes, David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cushman Column (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL