The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Lurkers-down with you... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Hello, everybody! This is the best place in the Café, the dark and musty corner of Bizarre! I guess it's about time to reveal my day job, which I'm very proud of. Please take a moment and check it out:
http://www.straightupvc.org/index.html
As for performing, my wife and I just finished a weekend of offering our seance 'The Court of Last Resort' in a fantastic setting: the old night court of our hometown City Hall. And now we have just made arrrangements to offer it for Halloween weekend at The Dudley House in Ventura, California, which was built in 1892 by renowned architect Selwyn Shaw and is a National Historic Landmark. I walked into the parlor of the house today to check it out and saw an old-fashioned slate resting on a sidetable with a piece of chalk beside it. Perfect! Many rumors of spirits haunting the place, as with the City Hall.
I am guilty of not always posting, but avidly read what others have to say. I will try to be more vocal in the future!
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Prof. Pabodie-
I'm in Camarillo, I'll try to come by and check out your show, I was just talking to a guy who saw your ads and was saying he was going.
As to lurking, Some of the messages I see (Hey, list the 10 best books and the 10 best tricks, and give me the routine you perform so I don't have to work, think, or spend money)I selfishly don't feel like replying to. Some are by better thinkers than myself, and I don't feel that I have much advice that they need.
But sometimes there's a (IMHO) valid question and I'll PM them. Sometimes someone says something funny and I'll chime in.
Sometimes I see a message where someone starts getting nasty- "Hey why aren't people helping me as much as I want them to, and faster?" and I just laugh and laugh. Welcome to magic. Knowledge is earned in this art. You pay some dues and you reap some rewards, but no one owes you what you want.
Hope this doen't sound nasty, it's not meant that way. It's just how it is.
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Peace!
like I say brother--was just a way to get us to network a bit more--AND LOOK YOU MET A FELLOW MAGE CLOSE BY Smile Smile Smile

you are ALL right--there is MANY TIME NO NEED TO FILL IN ON THIS PLACE--

I am asking the younger Lads to feel welcomed amongst us, to share, to ask, and to contribute if and when they see fit...

I certainly hope I aint pi***ng anyone off by this role call of sorts Smile

I go for days and weeks without saying a thing here, especially when I'm gigging--I don't even want to talk magic then--or when I'm writing long drawn out books Smile did you get yours yet by the way bro Magus?

again, even if this thread is buried, I feel ive done something, something simple--reached out, for but a moment...

thanx all for the intros, the links and the vibes!!

frater Baba
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
No- No book yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it.
Hey- I'm not p****d, not even grumpy. Maybe I'm feeling a bit guilty for not posting much. Maybe:-)
Gede, Speaking of books, If you have some time (enough to read 30 pages or so) let me know, I'll send you something I'm working on. And you can let me know what you think. it's not bizarre, but it could be...
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
X Marks The Spot!

H D X!
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Hope to meet you soon, Magus! And Eddie -- your stuff is dynamite! I've heard of those seance cuffs before, but your video really makes me want to purchase them. They are now on the list! You do great work.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Good to see you back Doktor!
Gwyd
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4198 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks Prof. Pabodie!
Oh and I have a great deal of respect for the good work you are doing with Straight Up reality Improv...so important and cool.
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I lurk here.

Sensei Strange - bizarre manipulations. The Café freaks me out whenever posts get deleted so it is rare I get drawn into conversations. I know they will just get erased again. I must be controversy waiting to happen.

My work? I own a martial arts school KyuRyu Aikibudo, I read Tarot, perform all over, am one of the resident magi at Texas Magic Supply, and work teaching the blind how to get around.

You can get a feel for my work....

Meditations - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTkPvz-XH4
Lucid Dreams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJL3edPXbPo
Requiem for a killer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGk5_lGKb_s
Death Magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9C1OVCTLqY

These films were made for various reasons, so there is a little cross over.

Walk In Peace,

Sensei Strange
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Don't say you lurk Sensei Strange. You contribute some good thoughts here.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2006-10-04 17:24, SenseiStrange wrote:
The Café freaks me out whenever posts get deleted so it is rare I get drawn into conversations.

It just make for more surreal conversatons, that's all. Seriously though, you've made some great contributions, don't be a stranger.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Lucia lazes while the Lydias lurk.

Isso is Foreign Correspondent for Corona Smith's Zoo & Logical Times and Minister of Information for the Doctor X Show.

H D X!

L
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
326 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Clifford, Thank you for your continued entheusiasm regarding my book. I hope that I may continue to provide you with ideas.

Doug Higley, I am glad that you enjoyed the website. You are well respected, and your comments carry real weight. Thanks.

Gede, We are among brothers here. I believe that the type of introspection that leads one to pursue Bizarre Magic often leads to other similar destinations.
Beware of this and that.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Agreed brother...AND YOUR SITE RULES!!!!!! I'd kill for that chelman zodiac mat thing-a-ma-gig....

no really, I'd kill for it...
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
By the way Fellow fraters, I write books Smile, and lecture in high schools, juvie halls, and community centers on the mis-conceptions of Vodou--along with the lectures, I offer demos on hypnosis, and bizarre magick...I also love to discourse on the pendulum, and other divination techniques...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2006-10-02 19:54, scaress wrote:

I think that lurking is justified at times.
lets take myself for example. I consider myself a novice entertainer and I don't think that my views are as credible as some of our more 'salty' members. at least I know that I would rather hear from someone more experienced then myself.

though I did learn something interesting this weekend! high-brow bizarre effects don't seem to go too well at halloween haunted houses.
after a quick ghost story and a psychic effect, the spectators stared at me with expectation until I jumped in his/her face and said BOO. then they seemed satisfied.

after a few hours of this I ended up juggling most of the time.

so now it's back to the drawing board for some effects involving loud noises and plasic spiders before next Saturday.

Don't count yourself down and out yet. Some bizarre magic and mentalism just hits people so hard they cannot process it, so stunned silence is what you get. THEN you hit them with a good "BOO!" effect. And then you sit back and let the applause roll in!

G
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Thanks for the encouragement G.
but they really did seem confused by my effects. I think that I had the wrong idea going in.
I wanted to scare the pants off everyone (especially the ladies), but those people went to a haunted house to have a good time with thier friends. so I think I'll save my A material for the parlor where it belongs.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-10-05 16:01, Gede Nibo wrote:
Agreed brother...AND YOUR SITE RULES!!!!!! I'd kill for that chelman zodiac mat thing-a-ma-gig....

no really, I'd kill for it...

Yes, he would.. and did.
Baba, why'd you have to go and do that to my favorite chicken? Do you have any idea how hard it is to breed a 3 legged chicken ??
Aren't there any *** voodoo spells that don't require the slaughter of a fowl for Pete's sake ?
:P

Boy, the more I read this thread the more *I* want to just lurk ! Almost everyone has some serious creds - published authors, tours, etc..
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
113 Posts

Profile of enigmax
HA!

None of the cajoling and threats will work on me. I will never be dragged out of lurkdom in response to your puny taunts.

Nothing can make me break my vow of silence and skulking in the shado...

oh, wait ... oops.

heh, just pretend I wasn't here okay?
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Sorry gentlemen and 1-2 ladies, I am on tour. Have another 2 dates before the season opens a bit more. I also dumped my bike in PA so I have limited internet at the moment. I guess I'll post more, so thanks for the invite!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Lurkers-down with you... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL