The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A werewolf trophy shocked Zurich! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
I just wanted to let everybody know, that I'm very happy person!

Last week I picked up a HUGE Packet from the Post Office coming directly from California, Lion Point Studio, from the Man itself "Doug Higley".

As I unpacked it, I frooze in terror what terryfying beauty starred at me! Its an ugly biest, its a beautiful monster, its simply a piece of art!

I knew, it was too good just to be put on a wall. even though my girlfriend asked for it... Smile
So I quickly put a small routine together for the yesterdays Show "The Magic Lounge" which is held every first sunday in the month.
In the middle of the act, as things were changing into the bizzare, I presented the Trophy, which was hidden under a black cloath. The hidden trophy had been hanging on the wall the whole time behind me. People wanted to know...
So I talked about my long time fascination with the world of the bizzare, the world of the unknown. I also mentioned my deep love for the classic scary stories, the old horror movies, and strange creatures as the Bigfoot, the vampire etc.
I then presented 6 big pictures of my favorite monsters: Nosferatu, King Kong (1933), Alien (H.R. Giger), a werewolf (from American werewolf in London), Frankenstein and the invisible Man. The pictures were all put into black envelopes. The envelopes were given to a member of the audience, who shuffled them and freely choose one of them. (no force) As I spoke of the presence the member of the audience must have felt, I slowly opened the envelope he had choosen. It was the Werewolf! I walked to the wall and without further warning I pulled the cloath away and let the darkness unleash itself!

it was wonderful, thanks doug for this incredible piece of art!
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
It sure didn't take long to create useful routine around a "Higley."

Congrats. I'm glad that the trophy found a good home, and still regret just a little that it isn't MY home!

Chris
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
A picture of the invisible man Smile?

Hee hee

So, the famous Black Envelopes of Ted Lesley, oui?

Good act! Nice to shock them like that Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Is this really what Mogwai I would have wanted? Is this how all those years training for FISM culminate?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Lucia,

Glad you're back! I love the Boog Story on your blog. And yes, Mogwai I (may he R.I.P.) really wanted that.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Excellent, then. Know that we're awaiting a treasure from Mr. H as well! Sure wish we could have been at Matahari with your lucky audience that night! Has the Angel selected a card yet?

L

inner being worker
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Yes, he did. He strangley selected the 9 of clubs, which is, in my opinion, the most embarassing one of the whole deck universe.
How have you been? Where did the river take you? Still haven't found that duck, haven't you?

Dr Spektor: I actually took a picture of the invisible man, I just can't find it anymore!

handa: thanks for the congrats. You won't belive it, but it was actually my girlfriend that bought the thing, without telling me! that's what I call a nice surprise!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Hooray! A Major Arcana selects a Minor Arcana! Baba Gede teaches that very same card Temperance selected is held by a strong-willed being--very stubborn!

Isso says Quack and whatever that Polter...etc word from FW is you guys used to yell at the Angel in the Station to get her to look down at you.

You know what a lucky man you are (and deserving) to have such a thoughtful girlfriend!

L

inner being worker
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Lucia and Isso and boog-ers & who ever, whatever else...what the hell are you going on about? Did I miss a big sale on Mushrooms or what?

Chris...glad you liked it (Werewolf...if that's what this thread is still about) and excellent that you were able to Link it into a trick! ;-)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Doug, I heard a nasty rumor that you made that thing by just not shaving for a few days, then looking in a mirror. But I didn't believe it for a minute. Its hair isn't white. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Just a nasty rumor...I have no mirrors.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
But our Doug is such a relective person...
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
And, I fear, Mr. Higley has confused the Giant Aluminum Backyard AstroSpaceHeater in Isso's BOOGG drawing somehow with imagined psychedelia.

H D X!

L

inner being worker
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Yes... anyway, Doug, Thanks again!

Now I have to start work on a routine with your Dark Museum. I was so occuoied with woofy, I didn't even look at DM properly!

I also started to think of other uses for the Werewolf Trophy. maybe a folded card in his mouth and the spec has to take it out... yuk!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
If you do the 'card in werewolf's mouth' effect, make sure you load up its mouth with lots of yellow 'slime' first. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A werewolf trophy shocked Zurich! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL