The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
But she start sitting. She start sitting on the chair...The video is not complet, but in the begin she is seat.
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
All man, the video, the levitation is amazing. it comes off as is she is really levitating. Its great just great, amazing. I am not a big fan of stage levitations since most come off looking funny. but this one pulls it off great.

the sitting thing does get ya. but the over all effect is amazing.

as was the linking rings, just great. Which he is selling for 250 pounds or something along that.

I would love to see his show in person.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 00:11, santos wrote:
But she start sitting. She start sitting on the chair...The video is not complet, but in the begin she is seat.

That is not what I meant. If someone is seated and floats up in that position then it looks ok. If someone is floating in a reclining position (as in this video) and then sits up it looks strange and suggests a method.

You don't have to defend this levitation. It's wonderful! I like everything about it except for the sit down portion. I'd be proud to perform that illusion. I'd simply skip the sitting down portion however. To each his own.

Best,

Tim
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Others levitations system is the same, up-down. About choreography, you can put the system Water fountain or other...
About levitation on the beach, no problem! I have a builder friend he constructed/build levitation, for a magician and he prepared this levitation on the beach for a special TV show in Monte Carlo.
Yogano Jr. Levitation, I have a friend have one… is very hard to put the system in the bo**…and you have to get a very light girl to do!
The biggest problem in some levitation’s, is when the girl start to levitate the girl/system is moved as a “boat in the sea”, and finishes with a brusque movement.
Voitko´s levitation is very soft! Very clear!

Best

Paulo Cabrita
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way too long. shorten that routine.... I get it she's floating.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I agree with what's said so far - it is a beautiful routine. I do not care for the editted version that is online - the time-line/continuity of the routine is jacked up. The girl sitting up didn't bother me as much as the generous amount of her costume draping and hanging down by her side. Minor point. Also, it seemed, given the staging, that an Asrah style finish would have been appropriate. However, there is no question that, as it was presented, it is a beautiful routine.
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
I would say Brett Daniels Table Lev is thi levitation
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
This is an original levitation/routine from Viktor Voitko, he build for him and for a Japanese celebrity magician...
This routine/levitation, have 10 minutes! Of course this is just a "dessert" of this beautiful levitation/routine.
Who want this levitation or the act, he give the complete video.

Best
Paulo Cabrita
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Voitko´s creation!
Yes, this is a original levitation from Voitko´s!
Is really the best levitation!
He make a flash appearing and she start levitate, is so good!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
My only complaint with most levitations is that the person always seems to float at a single height unless they are in the act of rising, falling, or rotating. Even then they tend to stop "on a dime". I would think that, if someone were actually floating, his body would tend to move around, bobbing around like a stick floating on a smooth body of water. For the 360-degree levitation, the floatee would tend to remain in motion as they completed their rotation. The rotation also would not be a perfect circle. For an up-and-down levitation, I would think the body would bob slightly and maybe even wobble a bit due to the motion of the displaced air. These movements would be almost imperceptible, but would add a lot to the effect.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Simply the best levitation!
The best linking rings (floating linking rings)FISM WINNER
Voitko´s dancing rose
The most talent magician, Viktor Voitko!
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Yes, I agree!
Everything the best!

Paulo
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Sounds like a bunch of groupies!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Amosmc
Tank´s for your nice words...

Paulo
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I love the levitation...

but.. I heard through the grapevine that this is an edited version of the effect...

how much did they cut out.. because I think it goes on for FAR too long as it is..

How many times should the girl go up and down and all around before the audience is bored?

Even with a whole story.. and drama.. and whatever.. up and down and all around gets old pretty fast..
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Makeupguy,

I have the complete video of this levitation...
The lady start ready a book, after left to sleep with the hands on the book ,she start to dream, magician appear(flash appear), she floating up, down, around.
This levitation is more than levitation.
I don’t like simple up-down this is MECHANICAL!
And the base of this levitation is very small, his system is Great!
A normal levitation the base have about 1 meter and 20 centimeters, go up and down, after with this levitation the girl levitate up more 1 meter and 20 centimeters.
You need a very big stage/place to do this levitation (the lady with the base more levitate is up 2 meters and something) is the most problem magician’s have.
Voitko Levitation you can do in any place the girl when is floating do not make “brusque movement”.
About this video this presentation it is personal. I won’t to buy this levitation, of course my presentation will be different…
You can ask (send an email) Viktor is very friendly and Honest, and he is the best to answer all, you ask for a complet video of this levitation.

Best

Paulo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6842 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I've always been a big fan of John Gaughan's "Flying", made famous by Copperfield. Although it is a BIG, heavy system, it creates, in my opinion, the most natural looking levitation.

The Russian girl, Galina, did her version on one of the World's Greatest Magic shows. If I recall correctly, she did a Floating Silver Ball, then STOOD on the ball as it levitated. Absolutely STUNNING! She also did the best Linking Ring routine I've ever seen as well.

The Gaughan stuff is beyond most of us, price-wise...but "Flying" has to be up there with the best...

Anyone agree/disagree?

Doug
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Galina is not Russian, is form Ukraine. About linking rings voitko is a fism winner before Galina.
You can not compare John Gaughan's Flying with levitation!
Fying is very diferent! And about the price is very, very, very big diferent...
Do you know where is Galina? I think not...

Paulo
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
I´m a big fan of John Gaughan's props and of course the Flying.
But not compare the flying with levitation, or Galine with Viktor Voitko!
Everbody know what I´m talking about...
Who know...

I disagree completely everything!

Best

Paulo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6842 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Sorry! I thought you wanted our opinions of the Best Levitation...oh well. You are right...a simple levitation and Flying do not compare. I guess I was thinking BIG! Ha ha!

Oh, and thank you for clarifying, Paulo. Galina is from the Ukraine. I did not know that. Interesting. I had never heard of Viktor before now. So, naturally I was impressed with Galina's work. I went to the Viktor site...very nice.

Do I know where Galina is? No...no idea...too bad...she is a VERY sexy performer.

Thank you again, for your reply, Paulo!

:)

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL