The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
All magical community know Viktor Voitko!!!
You never heard about Viktor!
I really appreciate constructive opinions...not if is sexy or not.
Unnecessary opinions...
This post it was to speak about levitation not the flying from John Gaughan.
If you wont to know more I am here (magicians help magician)

Best
Paulo
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Amosmc wrote:
"The rotation also would not be a perfect circle"...

Can you explain what kind of circle exactly?
Must to be a imperfect circle? How?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I think of a levitation as being similar to a body floating on water. Since the body is lighter than water, it tends to rise to the surface. To make it sink you would need to pull it down from below. If you were standing on a platform beside it and wanted it to move around you, you would need to attach something to it like a rope, a stick, etc. Even though you were in a fixed position, the inertia of the body would naturally prevent you from describing a perfect circle as it floated around you. Even on a smooth body of water, the body would tend to bob with the slight undulations in the water.

The same conditions apply when the body is "floating" in the air. You, the magician, have done something to make the body lighter than air, hence it floats upward. It wouldn't stop abruptly, but would tend to remain in upward motion. To keep it from floating to the ceiling, you need to exert some effort to pull it back down (With the Asrah, the removal of the cloth could be a last-ditch effort to keep it from floating away.) If you float it around you, it would tend to move in an arc that would not be a perfect circle, once again due to the inertia of the body. In all cases, it would constantly be "bobbing" in the air.

Maybe it's just me, but as a mechanical engineer I guess I am bothered by the mechanical motion of a mechanical device.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
-=Ralph=-
View Profile
Regular user
New York
111 Posts

Profile of -=Ralph=-
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 08:30, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 00:11, santos wrote:
But she start sitting. She start sitting on the chair...The video is not complet, but in the begin she is seat.

That is not what I meant. If someone is seated and floats up in that position then it looks ok. If someone is floating in a reclining position (as in this video) and then sits up it looks strange and suggests a method.

You don't have to defend this levitation. It's wonderful! I like everything about it except for the sit down portion. I'd be proud to perform that illusion. I'd simply skip the sitting down portion however. To each his own.

Best,

Tim


I totally understand what you are saying and I agree 1000%
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Tank you for your nice words!

Viktor Voitko levitation is really the best!
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi All,

I saw Victor this year in Blackpool and it did look good!

Paulo, would you be able to put a link to the full version of the levitation as you have it?

Paulo do you know how much this levitation would cost to buy?


Regards


Sean
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6842 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2006-10-10 22:43, Paulo Cabrita wrote:
All of the magical community knows Viktor Voitko!!!
You never heard about Viktor!
I really appreciate constructive opinions...not if it is sexy or not.
Unnecessary opinions...
This post was to speak about levitation, not "Flying" from John Gaughan.
If you want to know more, I am here (magicians helping magicians)

Best
Paulo


Excuse ME!

Unnecessary opinions...I see...for a new person in this Café, you are RUDE!

I guess I'll take my opinions elsewhere!

Not feeling very welcome here, that's for sure!

See ya!

Doug
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Seanalexander,

Send a email to Vitkor, and ask about the price of the levitation, and if you ask he give you the video.

Tank you for your nice words

Best
Paulo
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
I do not see Voitko´s levitation in "magic products"!
He sell this levitation?
I gona send a email for Vitkor to ask about Voitko´s levitation price...

The best levitation I ever saw!
magicjazzz
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicjazzz
I wrote to him and asked,he has written that can sell, but this it will be expensive. Also it will be necessary to go to him to Kiev.His levitation is hand-made and the second such is not present him.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Every levitation are expensive, this one is diferent...
Flash appearance/disappear
Levitation/rotation

I´m interessing...

Paulo
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Most magicians and I'd suspect almost all non-magicians in North America are unfamiliar with Vitkor Voitko. He may be a huge star in Portugal, but over here most have never heard of him.

- entity
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Vitkor Voitko is a Fism winner 1994 in Japan!
Most magicians and all non-magicians in North America know FISM?
Read magic magazines?
know the news of magic?
All magical community know Viktor Voitko!
About his linking rings, dancing rose and this great levitation!
Voitko is around the wourld, everybody know...
He is from Ukraine,Portugal is a log distance!
With all the respect for America and USA magicians, the world is not around of USA.
Viktor Voitko don´t need I defend him... His a star of magic!
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Always has somebody bothered...
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Relax...
I would like to read positive opinions, because Voitko´s work it deserves all the good coments!

Best

Paulo
magicjazzz
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicjazzz
Quote:
On 2006-10-15 12:35, entity wrote:
Most magicians and I'd suspect almost all non-magicians in North America are unfamiliar with Vitkor Voitko. He may be a huge star in Portugal, but over here most have never heard of him.

- entity

I agree Northn America far from Europe and whom know in Europe always know in America. In America the magic market. Many Americans go to work to Europe, participate in competitions Fism.
And if Voitko conjurers it does not mean that he is bad conjurer do not know any, now there is an opportunity to look in internet acts of Viktor Voitko and to understand good he the conjurer whether or not.
Go and look his work and if you understand in magic you will understand who is who, http://www.magic-voitko.com in my acts, also is possible to look at graduates of his
studio, that number, excellent work.
And that that do not know him in North America so it only because he there does not work.It s all.
By the way one American Pete Biro writes the book about Linking Rings so there the whole chapter is about Victor Voitko
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I mentioned his fame in Portugal because I was responding to Paulo's post, and Paulo is from Portugal.

From what I see, Voitko's magic is wonderful, but he is still virtually unknown in North America because he does not perform here, and is not seen on television here.

Yes, many magicians here have heard of FISM but most have never been there, and I suspect that most couldn't tell you from year to year who won, unless it was an American or a Canadian.

Certainly, outside of magicians, few in North America will know about FISM or of Voitko. That isn't meant to insult FISM or Voitko, it's just a fact.

- entity
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
FISM is the bigger world federation!
Viktor Voitko is a FISM winner...All magical community know Him!
Vitkor Voitko is Master world of magic.Is not a star just in Portugal all of the world.
I would like to ask all the magicians from THE MAGICAFE if in Spain, France, Monte-carlo, German, Russian, Belgium Denmark,SWITZERLAND and more...if everybody know Voitko? Because who have magic information know!!!!!
Viktor Voitko is no news...or maybe no American Magician...

Best

Paulo
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Please re-read my posts, Paulo. I said he is not well known in NORTH AMERICA.

To the general public in NORTH AMERICA he is virtually unknown.

To the GENERAL PUBLIC in NORTH ANERICA, FISM is virtually unknown.

You are wrong. The entire Magic Community does not know him. Perhaps the entire European and Asian Magic community knows him, but many Magicians in NORTH AMERICA don't know who he is.

I'm intrigued that you are somehow offended by this notion.

- entity
magicjazzz
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicjazzz
The magic market of Northern America one, in Europe other magic market. voitko it is unknown in America because it is far, through ocean, to fly far and dearly. Nobody pays therefore he does not work in America. In Europe he worked on many large TV, in France on ÒÂ5, in Spain, Germany.He worked in best Europen Variete. And if there will be people which will pay to him I think that he will arrive and will break off auditorium Smile I saw some times an applause standing and in Blackpool (the largest magic congress in the world), both in Holland, and in France in many other countries. By the way in Blackpool this year he worked all three numbers. About what that speaks it:))
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL