The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » WHAT'S NEXT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Hi-Does anyone have a good childrens routine for Whats Next? I took it out of my show because I dont have a good childrens routine for it. Thanks, Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Josh:
What's next is a great trick for children. I use it in my Elem. and Library shows. I introduce at the very beginning as a warm up. I tell them that it is very important that they pay close attention or they may miss something. I then say I want to check and see if you guys can pay close attention I have brought today the Ken Scott's Eye Chart I pay attention test. And then I bring out the chart showing one dot and do all the moves making it look like you have more. When I am done my hand is not covering the second dot and the kids can see it. When that happens they start to say you have two dots and I say NO only one. Then I look and indeed there are two. I tell them I am going to show you how it is done. Of course you show them how it is done (just like the instructions). When I make the third one appear I tell them that there are only two and the are sreaming at me that there are 3. I then notice and act surprised. Then I turn it over I say I have five but there are six and the kids are screaming six at me and I say NO I AM NOT SICK. To make the eight appear I ask a kid that I think might be eight years old and I say I was eight too when i learned this trick and then I show eight dots.

The routine gets the kids involved in the show and it plays big and packs flat. Great trick.

Ken Scott
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Thank you very much Ken-Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You can make new dots. Have them made looking like a cookie. Oreo have some made like that.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
A friend of mine does this for adults really quickly w/ minimal patter and gets a good response because the dots appear so fast.

When I do it, (my presentation sounds similar to Ken's) I show one dont, then four and I keep saying the numbers but as I keep flipping the board and saying one and four, they eventually see two and five. I expain that I have an extra dot under my hand. But to get another dot, I need use a "magic" marker. Do you know why you can't see it? Becuase it's "magic". I draw a third dot and it is uncovered. The save goes for the other side. I flip the board over several times and eventually stop to move the final two dots into place and ask, "How many dot's on this side?" The kids will yell, "3". I then begin to ask, "And how many dot's on this side?" While flipping board slowly so they yell 6 before they see all 8.

This does have a sucker finish, but if you act confused too, then it is like we've all been tricked... don't come across as though you tricked them.

Also...
Look in the IBM, July 1998, pg 88 for a routine on What's Next in the One Man Parade.

Cheers,

J.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17116 Posts

Profile of joseph
I talk about dice theme, and how they could make one with a magic marker, etc, and then proceed to show the dots really there, and then "Don't ask me how this happens!", and show the 8 dots. Great classic trick for kids and adults. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
this seems to be exactly what I have been looking for to add to my show.
Can some one please tell me where to get it?
I have called a few magic dealers & looked on the web but can not find someone who has it.
Thanking in advance.
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
themagicwarehouse.com has it i think...for a good price too if thats the right plac e. Josh
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
thanks a lot JSMAGIC!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
i have them for 19.50 plus shipping.
Thanks
Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » WHAT'S NEXT? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL