The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Vanishing Dove Cage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sweiss
View Profile
New user
Guam
48 Posts

Profile of sweiss
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about the Vanishing Dove Cage sold by MAK magic. The picture and description are really good, maybe too good.

http://www.makmagic.com/product.asp?prodid=P1704
Stephen Weiss, owner
New Planet Online Magic Shop
http://www.newplanetmagic.com
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I also saw this ad on the vanishing dove cage, very interested if anyone has some experience with this cage. Hope we can get some response on this. Thanks.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I think there are 2 of these on magicauction, on the first page of dove magic........I know that doesn't help but I think you can contact the sellers and ask them......

Take care,

Bryan
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
I should be getting mine any day now. I will submit a review when I get it.
AlanSmola
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of AlanSmola
I also have just stumbled across this new dove cage, and it looks too amazing for the price. I purchased mine, which I think is an Abbott's model, for about $700.00. This cage is being sold as only $595.00, so I would really like to know some more about it if anyone has it or is going to be receiving it.

Alan
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
I got a notice that a parcel has arrived. It may be the cage. I will write back once I have played with it.

Update:

I got it. Well, STAY AWAY! It was built so poorly that the place I bought it refunded me 50% on it. They said it was a bad batch. I can fix it, it is purely cosmetic. I mean, it isn't a Neilson or a Pro-line. It will do for now. I will buy a better one in the new year. Then sell this one. P.m. me, if you want a picture of it.
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I recieved mine couple days ago, but had to send it back because the hydr***c system was not working. Is yours working ok other than the cosmetic problem, Funkyguy?
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
It seems to be working fine. Sounds a little loud. I think that I could mask it though.
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
As much as I want to have the vanishing dove cage as my part of my dove routine, I'll just have to wait and save a bit more to get a better quality one.
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Although I do not own one or have ever seen one up close, a friend of mine bought one a while back. He opened it up, looked at it for like 30 minutes then repackaged it and sold it. He said it was built really poorly. He then made up his mind and bought a Neilson cage which he is more than happy with. I guess you get what you pay for. I own a Proline which I love and am more than happy with it. Although I bought it used and paid just as much for it as I would pay for the Mak Magic cage. Save up for a high quality vanishing cage and you won't be dissapointed.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Proline has a new one out now. Cliff has redesigned the look of the bottom part of the cage to look more like the cage is actually seperate from the table. It looks very nice and I should be getting mine in a couple weeks. I can't wait.

http://www.proline-magic.com/PWPROcage.htm

Take care,

Bryan
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I am interested in a used Neilson or Proline vanishing dove cage if anyone has one to unload. You can PM me. Thanks.
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
So I have played around with this cage from Mak. After modifying it a little, it is performable and a great finalle to my show. It shouldn't have to do this much work to an item I purchase, but, it was fun, and works great now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Vanishing Dove Cage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL