We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fukai`s clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Does anyone have the performance of fukai?
mind if posting it in youtube to share with the world??
and I was told that he alter his parasol minorly to make it boomerang back.
any tips for this?
- a f o i -
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Look at the HUMMER CARD...COrdially,HOward
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Hummer card?
we are talking about parasols man..
- a f o i -
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
You obviously don't know what the HUMMER CARD is...Cordially,Howard
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Well sorry for that.. but can you plz tell me how it helps for the parasols?
- a f o i -
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
IY is how the effect works..Cordially,Howard
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi graywolf:

I think I'm a little confused too. The only Hummer Card I know of is the one that whirls around the performer like the UFO floating card. I'm pretty sure that afoi is refering to Fukai's Parasol Production stage act and how the parasols open so quickly. Can you clarify what you're refering to?

Thanks.

Ron
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Isn't he asking about the boomerrang effect???The quick opening is achieved by working the parasol like an apperaring cane..graffite ect...Cordially,Howard
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Howard,
Did you mean to say dancing cane?

Afoi,
Without a better description of the Fukai effect, there's no way of telling what you're talking about.
Does the parasol fly out over the audience, around the performer, just in front of the performer... what?
I've never seen Fakai, as I only watch live magic performances.

Kregg
POOF!
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
No,appearing cane as far as working a parasol to become unstiff and open faster.I am with you about what effect he heard about.I am a big fan of Fuki and his wife and love his act..Cordially,Howard
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
I mean how he twirl the parasol in that it return back to the performer like a UFO.
- a f o i -
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Appearing Cane same as parasol???? They open in different directions??? I'm sure the parasols open via the clever use of elastic and by simply releasing it. The shaft is always long and hard. (hmm???)
Paul
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
For the LAST TIME the parasol returns the same way a HUMMER CARD does..Cordially,Howard
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Okay...thanks Howard.

Ron
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Ic ic...
got wat you mean..
- a f o i -
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Fukai has a spot in his act where he produces a very small parasol. He gives it a spin and it does a sort of floating ball type of effect. It swings out at arms length and hovers below his hand. It then returns to his hand and he always gets a huge applause from the audience.

Howard is correct! Hummer's Whirl-a-way card is the method. It is currently being sold under different names as well. Knowing the secret will not tell you the method for the get ready, or the handling of a parasol. Mind you, it is a small parasol, not the size of any on the current market.

Hope this clears up some confusion in this string.
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Erm... I think I have misled all you guys.. sorry man,

actually I wish some one to share a clip of fukai performance.

I was oways told that he was a great performer.. but I was sooo desperate for a loong time to see it.. it was all just in my mine...
- a f o i -
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Nobody has the right to post his video..This is what is destroying magic...Cordially,Howard
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Then who got the right to post the video of cardini and channing pollock and lance Burton and kenji minemura and lee uen gyeol and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla in youtube???

and y you saying posting video clip of them destroy magic?????pplz... even me, or the old timers or most magicians who cant afford teaching video learn and improve magic by watching magic performances... even I myself improve my way to view magic after seeing shimada dove act.

isn't it that the clips of past masters will be enjoyed and learn by the new generation????????????

and any bases to prove ur claim that posting the video clips of past masters will DESTROY MAGIC???

I dun get it, maybe i`m too young to understand it or maybe i`m wrong that I love magic in a way different from others.
so plz all seniors in magic, wats so wrong about this anyway?
- a f o i -
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7450 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree that too much posting of clips will hurt magic. The performances should be archived so they are not lost but too many people are using these clips to copy ideas and routines.

GrayWolf was very forthright in telling you how the parasol was done without exposing the method. If people do not want to put the effort into researching things, they should not do them. Fukai (whom I have worked with several times), worked long and hard to come up with some original twists to parasol productions. I will be one of the first to scream if I see someone rip him off.

Having ranted enough..how does one get these ideas. Simple, read. Look at old books and tricks and try to adapt them with new props and designs. Norm Neilsen did the Chavez act with music props. Others have used watches. Get the idea?

Don't be offended by the statement that clips are ruining magic. It is simply a way to think outside the box and develop new ideas or twists that will further our art.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fukai`s clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL