The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Signed Silk In orange... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SteveM
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of SteveM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on this one? There is a chance it could be out of production...
~SteveM~
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Steve:

There is the effect where I signed silk disappears and reappears in a cored apple - I've never seen it done with an orange, but I suppose it could be done. It would probably be pretty messy, and the silk would be drenched with juice.

In any case, there is a very good method taught by Jeff Hobson on his DVD. Just about any dealer will carry it, but if you do a Google search, you'll get the information you need.

I hope this helps you.

Ron
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
I've seen a signed silk to dinner bun, but not to orange.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Carl Cloutier does a signed silk to pepper on his DVD.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I think you're referring to "Orange Silk" invented by Ernest W. Bradford (Mysta) back in the 1950's (?). The silk doesn't get wet with orange juice for a very good reason, but as far as I know, the trick is no longer being manufactured. You MIGHT find someone willing to part with the necessary prop, which sold for around $6.50 in the early 1970's.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
SteveM
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of SteveM
Where can I get my hands on this?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Dazzling Magic has the silk in apple routine. This was also done by Jeff Hobson on his video.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Signed Silk In orange... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL