The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » L & L Publishing Proudly Presents Max Maven's NOTHING DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW-A dream come true: L&L has released Max's new 2 DVD set. This is BIG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sneak preview here:
http://llpub.com

They put up a long clip to give everyone a feel for what it's about. Max as usual is in TOP form.

He brought NOTHING...

but a nice suit. On the way from the airport to the studio, he stopped at a supermarket for less than ten minutes and spent less than ten dollars. Once in his room, he spent less than half an hour preparing, and proceeded to go on stage and do a 50-minute performance of mentalism"

Max Maven traveled from Hollywood to Lake Tahoe. He brought NOTHING
but a nice suit. On the way from the airport to the studio, he stopped at a supermarket for less than ten minutes and spent less than ten dollars. Once in his room, he spent less than half an hour preparing, and proceeded to go on stage and do a 50-minute performance of mentalism.

NO Pre-Show Work
NO Stooges
NO Clipboards
NO Nailwriters
NO Playing Cards
NO ESP Cards
NO Billets
NO Wallets
NO Gaffs
NO Gimmicks
NO Special Materials
NO Muscle Reading
NO Hypnotism
NO Threads
NO Mirrors
NO Electronics
NO Rough & Smooth
NO Gilbreath Principle
NO Filler
in fact,
NOTHING but solid mentalism and great entertainment.

Let’s be clear. This is not a cluster of “substitute” stuff to make up for having lost your props. It is a full-length show of top-notch real world material, much of it revealed for the very first time. The complete work, including variations and options, plus discussion of performance structure, scripting segues, audience management, blocking, timing—everything thoroughly explained with an unprecedented degree of detail.

Included is the rare “Para-Sight” routine, out of print for over 25 years; copies of the original limited-release manuscript have sold for as much as $400. And that’s something!

A two-DVD set (with as much content as most three-DVD sets). Running time: 230 minutes, plus Easter Eggs and bonus material. Featuring Eugene Burger, Brandon Combs, Gene Matsuura, Stephen Minch, Jan Rose and Michael Weber. $99.95 2-volume boxed set
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
SWEET!!
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I went to see his stage show here in Toronto in August.

He brought out a clear lucite box with a lock and a hasp (to seal a prediction in clear view) with the comment "Thirty years in this business and I finally have a prop."

In the second act, he had a loop of rope suspended from the ceiling for a lock and key routine. As it was lowered from the ceiling, he looked up at it and said, "Second act, second prop."

For the rest of the show, he only used a deck of cards, a padlock with keys, a styrofoam cup, and some paper. It was inspiring to watch
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Sounds Very Interesting...
Thanks for the great news
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I feel like ..."nothing"...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Interesting! Chris, Thank you for the info.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
So it's shipping now? Great!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You're welcome everyone. If you order from L&L, you get a DVD called:
The Greatest Collection of Magic Performances Ever Assembled on DVD - Volume 3

The first 2 "Greatest Collection" DVD's they gave away were awesome, so this one should be just as wonderful.

L&L is fantastic to deal with. From Louis to Leann Dyer in the Customer Service Department, they go out of their way to please.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
"New additions to this year’s volume are two sneak peeks at projects that haven’t even been released yet featuring magic by Paul Wilson and Steve Draun!"

the life is so beautiful !!!! isn't?
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Quote:
On 2006-10-09 12:14, MagicChris wrote:
L&L is fantastic to deal with. From Louis to Leann Dyer in the Customer Service Department, they go out of their way to please.

Chris

I second that! L&L is great - I highly recommend them...I just ordered my DVD set (Nothing) from them. Can't wait to watch it!

:) Kaylan
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Just placed my order for this. Wow. I've never spent this much money on something without reading a review first. But it seems like it's going to be pretty great. I will post a review once I receive it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
" Hey Nick what did you order"..."Nothing mom" ..."oh Ok good" ....*Mom checks her credit card bill*......
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
How many "Nothing"-Jokes do we need? ;-)
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
None
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
On the non-joking side I found out about the release just before going to work so I called in my order and told the guy I wanted to order "Nothing." He seemed really irratated when he responded "You don't want to order anything?" I thought he was joking and responded back I want to order "Nothing." He seemed a little reluctant to take my order even after I said Max Maven's "Nothing." I guess I was the first to order "Nothing" from this rep.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Funny.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
AND NOTHING ON THE DVD!
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
???
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Very, very, very..(and so on)...funny comments about the title.
But, shouldn´t we use this topic for reviews only?
If somebody is interested in a review or comments about the content of these dvd´s he must read all these very, very, very....(hours later..) ... funny comments without getting one interesting information.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Wow, finally!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » L & L Publishing Proudly Presents Max Maven's NOTHING DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL