The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Z Fold Wallet Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Looking for a Z fold wallet of good leather quality that can fit in a hip pocket.

Looking for some feedback on the difference between the following 3 wallets:
• Improved Simplex Card to Wallet by Wayne Dobson
• Z6 by Wayne Dobson
• Phantom of the Wallet

In addition to any insight on the standard switch capability looking for info on the questions listed below:
• What are the dimensions (length and width) of the wallet(s)?
• Can the wallet be used for a straight "no palm card to wallet" effect?
• How would you rate the leather quality on a scale of 1-5…5 being the highest?

I have done some searches and found feedback on the Phantom but not on the others so if you can point me to the right thread or provide me with direct info….. that would be very helpful.

Thanks
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Well, sorry, I won't answer directly to the questions, but have you considered the Ton's wallet, which is a leather himber wallet of little dimensions that has a "loader" wich allows a palmed-card-to-wallet effect. The wallet "locks", ie when it open one way, it wont open the other way by accident.
I don't have it right here, but the dimensions allow it to contain a playing card, but it is not a huge "old-style" wallet. I hope this helps. I found one right here in the Café.
It is made by Ton Onosaka.
Jonathan.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I have two Phantom of the Wallets and they are both different. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second one, and was very disappointed by a design change and what appeared to be a "cheaper" wallet.

The Z-6 I bought was nice, however, a friend bought one on my advice and it was not the same wallet either! I think they must bid out the work on these things!

I think you have to take your chances with these things!
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
847 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 11:00, Mystification wrote:
I have two Phantom of the Wallets and they are both different. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second one, and was very disappointed by a design change and what appeared to be a "cheaper" wallet.

I would be interested in knowing the difference between the two Phantom wallets you have purchased. This wallet has been manufactured by me for Martin Breese and as far as I am aware the original design has never been changed.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.
www.tonycurtismagic.com/archive.html
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Well I ordered a Phantom of the Wallet last week and I should have it by the 26th. I will report back on the quality.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Got a partial order today indicating my Phantom is on back order. Looks like I will have to get back to the group next week on the quality.
Jerry

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Anybody knows where to buy Ton's Wallet? Or anybody who knows the e-mail adress to Ton Onosakas Magic Land of Japan????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Z Fold Wallet Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL