The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Scott F. Guinn retires from magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I posted this in the "Names in the Media" section, but thought it was appropriate here as well...

I have been getting a number of inquiries regarding my material lately, and I thought this would be easier than sending out a bunch of PM's...

I sold the rights to all of my books, my DVD and my website a couple of years ago to John LeBlanc. I no longer have anything to do with the production or sale of any of them. To the best of my knowledge, he kept the website domain and is selling the DVD there (www.greatscott-itsmagic.com), but he has not republished any of the books. As far as I know, all of my books are out of print. You can contact John if you want more information about when or if they will be rereleased. His email address is: jwleblanc@earthlink.net

I retained the rights to the individual effects and routines in the books and on the DVD, and I still sell some of them as PDF files, but other than that, I no longer sell or produce any products whatsoever.

I am officially retired from magic. I still do it as a hobby a little bit, but not for a living anymore. I have two performances scheduled in December and that is it--at least for a while. I was recently made the pastor of a church in Boise, and that now takes up the focus of my time and energy. There is simply not enough left over to devote to performing or producing items for sale.

So if you have been searching for any of my stuff and can't find it, now you know why. I apologize for any inconvenience. If there is a book in particular that you want, I'd try eBay or the used book dealers, or contact John LeBlanc at the email address above and inform him of your desire to see that title rereleased.

Regards,

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
The Magic World is certainly going to miss you Scott!

I wish you all the best, and hopefully you still come back and say hello once in awhile.

Its guys like you who make magic an art!

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Seconded - Mr. Guinn, I have learned a lot from your contributions on the Magic Café over the years. Many thanks.
All the very best,
Norn
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6581 Posts

Thank you, gentlemen. Your words are truly appreciated.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Scott say it isn't so....?

I look forward to the time we can sit and chat over dinner again, even if it sharing versus from the Good Book rather than slights and stories!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Im a big fan of yours Scott, I wish you the best in the new direction you are going!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Continue to reflect the Light, y via con Dios.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Scott, what an exciting chapter in your life, to be called to do the good work! I've valued your friendship and guidance over the years and appreciate your always being there!

GOD bless!!
Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6581 Posts

Thanks, guys, much appreciated. I'll still be popping in here at The Café from time to time, although I don't participate in the forums much. But I'm happy to offer whatever advice and encouragement I can, so feel free to PM or email me if you want.
My Lybrary Page
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
956 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
I never took the opportunity before to tell you how much your writings have helped me over the last few years. You have always had a passion in your approach to the magic itself and to the business, and it was a passion that came through the wires. You lifted us up and I thank you.

Enjoy.

P.S. The signature tagline of yours and MagicChris' have been my favorites for some time so its cool to see them both together - the scintillating and the sublime.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Hi Scott,

I was going over some old MUM magazines the other day and I came across your story from 2003 about doing a birthday party for a little boy who was close to death. I have to admit, I could hardly read it through the tears. It is one of the best things I have ever read and it is what magic is all about. Your story inspires me to get out there and do more magic for people who are in pain. Magic is a ministry, in some ways, and I think you are going to be a fine minister. I wish you all the best in your new pathway.

Bill Scarlett
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Scott,

Wishing you all the very best in your new role as church pastor. I hope that the congregation take it easy on you.

I guess this means that your book project, "With a Little Help from My Friends", has been placed on indefinite hold.

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6581 Posts

Thanks, fellas!

John, the book isn't going to happen. It was just taking too long for many of the contributors to get their material to me. I may still do a book on the magic of Ray Grismer down the road a bit, though. No time for it right now, but it's on the back burner.
My Lybrary Page
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Scott,

I'm coming in late on this,but would like to say thank you and good luck. I have enjoyed the routines on your DVD very much and found them to be quite helpful, as well as your advice on this forum.

And yes, the quote on your signature should be "required reading" for all of us!

Ted
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6581 Posts

Thanks, Ted! Best wishes to you and yours.
My Lybrary Page
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4816 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Scott,
I have selfish and mixed feelings about the new path that you have taken. On the one hand, you are doing something that is both meaningful for you on a personal level, yet is also helping others in a way that magic could never really do.

On the other hand, I will miss your essays and thoughts about our art. I also miss some of the late night phone conversations we have had so many times over the years.

Finally, I know I've said this many times, but I'll say it once again: Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the help and unselfish work you did here when you worked behind the scenes on the Café - it was and is still very much appreciated.

I wish you only the best my friend. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Scott, I wish you all the best in whatever you do. Like what Steve said, I'll miss all your essays and thinking behind your effects.
Bernard Sim
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Wishing you all the best in your new vocation Scott. Hey, isn't it possible to Be Scott Guinn, The Magic Pastor?

Best,
Harv
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6581 Posts

Yes, it is possible, Harv, and I do perform for my church from time to time with magic and ventriloquism. I just won't be performing for a living anymore. I can't book shows, on the chance that a member of my congregation will need me for an emergency on that day, etc.

Steve, I miss those convos, too, and sometimes I even miss all the labor, and abuse I took from the troublemakers when I was Chief of Staff! But you're right--I'm helping folks in ways that go far beyond entertainment as a pastor.

Bernard, though we've never met and you live half a world away, I have enjoyed the friendship we've shared through magic. Your contributions to my books meant a lot to me. You are an outstanding magician in your own right, and I wish you all the best.

All the best to everyone else from The Café who have been so gracious and encouraging to me over the last few years. You are all appreciated!
My Lybrary Page
magic icebreakers
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of magic icebreakers
I'm a little late here, but I have enjoyed your products Scott. John is a great person (although I've lost touch with him), and you've made a GREAT choice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Scott F. Guinn retires from magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL