The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Microscopic Glass Beads (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Has anyone played with these, especially for "psychic effects?" I have some and they are as close to invisible as anything gets. While showing them to a friend, I put some on the plastic displaycover of a gift box, and stacked a couple of books on the surface. For several MINUTES the books moved around with the tiniest stimulation.
Slim Price Smile
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I haven't played with them, but they sound interesting. Where do you get them? For what purpose are they made?

Dave
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
One of their uses is to mix them with paint so when they paint signs on the road, vehicle lights make the signs shine better, and hence more visible.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Okay so where do you get these beads at
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2002-12-27 11:47, tboehnlein wrote:
Okay so where do you get these beads at

To buy them as magic they cost a small fortune, but I have an incredible source! E mail me privately and I'll share it.
sanscan@4dcomm.com (I don't think it would be appropriate to post here.)You'll love to play with them, I know some dealer is using them for a book test.)
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
thief74
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thief74
hey i found them, they are at daytonamagic.net under the name of "best card locator" and they are pretty cheap
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2002-12-29 01:00, thief74 wrote:
hey I found them, they are at daytonamagic.net under the name of "best card locator" and they are pretty cheap

If you can beat 5 pounds for $21.50 snap 'em up. Smile

Just an afterthought. The beads,as I said,can be thought of as tiny invisible ball bearings. They'd make terrific "Whifle Dust." They look just right, and think of the possibilities!
sanscan/ Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What is Whifle Dust??
Thanks
Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2002-12-31 06:05, niva wrote:
What is Whifle Dust??
Thanks
Ivan

"Whifle dust" is how old guys mispell words at 3:AM!<G> Actually, Whiffle, Woofle, Whatever Dust is an old but good way to get to your pocket to get or dump a load. You "sprinkle" some to perform a trick. It usually doesn't exist in reality, but my thought was that it would be a nice way to introduce the glass beads to perform anything that needed it, For example, if you were to sprinkle some on a selected card, the card could then be "enticed" to walk out of the deck, cut itself, or whatever, with the slightest vibration. Or a psychic action where an object moves, such as a book. Just an idea to start you thinking. In mass, the glass beads are white and dust-like but in small quantities they are as close to invisible as IT...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
I think that all magicians, especially bizarrists, should never rely on the Whiffle Dust ploy. It draws attention to the very action that you don't want to receive attention.

I much prefer to choreograph my routines so that I am reaching to fetch something while at the same time ditching my load. The thing that you fetch could be as simple as a magic wand or amulet. However, it requires pre-planning and organization to make it work as part of your routine.

I attack Whiffle Dust briefly in my "It's More than Tricks" column in the IBM Linking Ring magazine. (That essay will be published in the January 2003 issue.)
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Bravo Bill,

Too many have been hooked on the Dust for so long. Make your actions applicable or necessary and your cravings for the Dust just vanish. 'Woofle Dust' logic is non-existant, (Unless you really use real sparkles or something of that sort.)
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Quote:
On 2002-12-31 19:49, Marduke Kurios wrote:
Bravo Bill,

'Woofle Dust' logic is non-existant, (Unless you really use real sparkles or something of that sort.)

I have always perfered licapodium powder
myself. Smile Smile Smile

Dave
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2002-12-31 19:49, Marduke Kurios wrote:
Bravo Bill,

Too many have been hooked on the Dust for so long. Make your actions applicable or necessary and your cravings for the Dust just vanish. 'Woofle Dust' logic is non-existant, (Unless you really use real sparkles or something of that sort.)

My point and direction is that the glass beads are tangible, can be seen and it is just a way to introduce them.
Slim Price Smile
sanscan@tds.net

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I remember being pulled over by the police and having to explain all the "woofle dust" I had in my pocket. Smile
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
If there was anything that resembled real "woofle dust" in action, the beads would be it. An idea might be to try it before you judge. Smile

OK , I confess! The dust is taken from the sarcophagus of the little known Mummy of Japhet... I just call it whiffle dust to protect the secret. Don't tell anyone...BTW, there is a curse. Whomever is exposed to it gets ideas, and has a sense of humor...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Are you guys talking about microballons?

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&to......&bih=775
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There was a similar product released awhile ago, and used for a haunted pack and book test. Can't go into much more detail without revealing method, but they were both pretty devious. I don't think they sold well.

Here's the haunted pack version:

Description:
Possible Effects:
A glass moves by itself
A deck of cards cuts itself at the selected card!
Find the spectators card after several cuts!
Find cards automatucally from a borrowed deck!
Use a borrowed deck for all your effects!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
It was once suggested to me that these white micro beads could be used for long salt pours, smooth flow, and a substance which will not clump or stick together. since they are white beads, it makes sense they would make even better card locators than salt, employed in the past. What other objects might becaused tomove with an assist from them?

Kotah
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
If anyone is using this stuff I'd love to see a video of this in action.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
I believe its a componant in 'Silver Bullet Lite' by Lee Earle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Microscopic Glass Beads (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL