The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table Inquiry - Natures Elements (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hello All, quick question that I am sure someone with this experience can answer - 90% of my shows are performed indoors, but I have noticed latley that more people, in this area at least, are wanting outdoor venues done as well. (We have decent weather most of the year).

My question about the floating table (Losanders smaller original one) is that if performed outdoors, is there an issue of wind moving the table when not being handled? Does this make sense? In other words, if I were not using the table, but it were in sight the entire time, and a gust of wind was to come along, would the table move about? - Doing a zombie effect in the wind is not a good idea, so would the table be in that same category?

Thanks!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Yes the table would blow away in a very slight wind. I know of a magician who frequently performs outdoors and he has made some sort of holder for it.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I agree. Not the best prop for an outdoor show, whether it's floating or not.
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Thanks!! That is the answer to the question that I needed. It's appreciated!!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I would like to add my own question to this topic. I have just recieved the Losander table and the box add-on. I am extremely pleased with the table and box, however, the dvd that explains how to use the box will not work. I have already contacted Losander, and he is shipping another one today (awesome customer service), but I am wondering if anyone else had this problem with the box dvd. I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the box with the table on my own - it evidently doesn't work the way I was thinking.

Anyway, just curious to see if anyone else had the experience with the dvd. The other dvd for the table worked fine. Now I have to wait a week to figure out the box part of the effect - blah. But, like I said, I am very pleased with it - the best floating table ever. My wife was amazed and she is hard to amaze.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have had this problem with other effects that offer instructions on DVDs. Some of these use DVD+R, -R as opposed to a true DVD replication. These are more prone to having a few unreadable discs. I gather that the discs are not tested either. This is a cheaper process which may keep the cost down a little. I agree though, that it is a hassle when you are the one that gets the DVD that won't work.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Needs little work and after few adjustments, you can perform it outdoors also. Otherwise, the wind and "Floating Table" do not match.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I have performed this outside on many occations at my haunted attraction and I can tell you from experience that the wind will knock it over unless you make something to hold it in place. But, before I realized this I have had to repair the table about 6 times now as it has been broken by either the wind knocking it over or by other things. Now if the wind is too high I just cut it out of the show rather then running the risk. I always bring other effects that can replace the table and keep the show running at the same pace.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table Inquiry - Natures Elements (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL