The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Television Appearence on Halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just got called to appear on local TV for halloween. This is a repeat appearence so I cannot use the same effects. They want halloween stuff and I just don't think they will accept me eating razor blades.

Any suggestions much appreciated. My show schedule is pretty busy and and I still have another job also.

I can only think of a few PK effects off hand and due to the cold in the studio, that might not be a good idea (T TImber etc).

Thanks for any help.

Candini
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Things that came immediately to mind...
Saw (My current favourite...Have a new presentation bit I am working on)
Gutbuster
Iron Garotte
A skull zombie ball
Ghost vision
Anything from Baba's book (Especially the voodoo dolls)
Of course, I don't really know what would fit your personal style, but I hope this helped.
Gwyd
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
You might be able to dress up some of what you normally do with a Halloween flair (as you said, it is a busy time for you, and you won't really have time to build new routines). You do own the Dracula Book Test right?

What did you do at the last performance? If you don't want to say in public, PM me.

Tony
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Gwyd,

The first time I was on there, I did the voodoo doll. It worked great, I should have saved it. Unsure if they will let me swallow razor blades but I WILL ask.

Mostly I perform mentalism. I may try my temperamental T Timber and PK pens...
Key bending.....I already did spoon and metal bending. Deciding is more stressful then being on TV to me anyways. Need something it wont go wrong or really explain beforehand this stuff just doesn't always work.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Tony!

I had forgot all about Dracula! Funny, I saw the producer a few months ago along with the host at a nightclub gig I was at and had Dracula with me at the time so I used it on them:)

DBT with Moabt as a choice. On my list now.

My last performance I did a card prediction, spoon bend, voodoo doll (darn it) and
a bottle to glass production at the end.

Candini
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Haunted Key!Preferably with an antique key not the commercial shiny one.

Time is running short Candini.If you already have the technique down,let me know and I will 'see' if I can dig out a balanced antique key from my collection..that is if you are interested. Smile

Rich
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Book test as mentioned (DBT)
Drawing Duplication with a Halloween image
Malini card stab (use a large butcher knofe and wear a blindfolded hockey mask)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Candini,

Congratulations on landing the TV gig! They must have liked you the first time since they invited you back. Way to go!

I PMed you some ideas. Have you decided what you are going to do yet?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 02:48, PaleoMagi wrote:
Haunted Key!Preferably with an antique key not the commercial shiny one.

Time is running short Candini.If you already have the technique down,let me know and I will 'see' if I can dig out a balanced antique key from my collection..that is if you are interested. Smile

Rich

So kind of you Rich. I painted all of mine through a suggestion and need to retouch. Much appreciated!

Thanks to all here. Ya'll are great!

Candini
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I will second the Ghost Vision idea. You can use a phone borrowed from one of the crew and alter the presentation a little to become a spooky mental effect.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Prof!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Television Appearence on Halloween (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL