The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Replacement tubes for PB&J (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I have recently had a small mishap with my outer tubes from the Wenk's PB&J routine. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement tube w/o purchasing the whole effect again? If need be, I will purchase the effect, but would like to try other sources first.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Thomas Register
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Do you have an email or phone number for Thomas? I also need new outer shells and would like to contact him.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-10-12 16:35, MagicB1S wrote:
Do you have an email or phone number for Thomas? I also need new outer shells and would like to contact him.
Thomas Register is a what not a who:
http://www.thomasnet.com/
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Wayne Brockway
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan, U.S.A.
104 Posts

Profile of Wayne Brockway
Marvello,

Thanks for the web address I need to replace one of my covers too! For the search window at the site, what do they call the covers?

Thanks,

Wayne...
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
What you are looking for is "dip molded plastic" plugs. The originals were made by Polaris Plastics in Gardenia, CA, however there are many other companies doing dip molding:

http://www.iqsdirectory.com/dip-molders/
http://www.thomasnet.com/products/plasti......8-1.html
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
If I had to guess it might be just as easy and cheaper just to buy a new set.
Ken
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-10-12 20:19, kenscott wrote:
If I had to guess it might be just as easy and cheaper just to buy a new set.
Ken
Yep, unless you were doing a production run of them.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Here's a possibility - how about purchasing the Magic Makers version and just use the tubes? Normally, I wouldn't suggest buying a rip-off item like the MM PB&J, but in this case, you bought the original and just need replacement parts, so maybe it's no big deal. I'm not sure. You can get the MM version for much cheaper than Wenk's.

Ron
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
With not too much work you could make a different set of covers. You could make them out of Craft Foam and decorate them with Stars or Question Marks. That would certainly look a heck of a lot better than the original nondescript black covers that originally came with the effect.

You could also use Stiffened Fabric, Leather, Bamboo Matting or Vinyl Placemats. They don't even have to be soft. Buy PVC pipe of the proper diameter, decorate it and cut a hole for your thumb to do the dirty work.

Just because the trick originally came with black pipe end covers doesn't mean that you have to keep using them.

I routinely rework most of my props. If I were to buy something like the ravioli trick for instance I'd replace the covers with something more appropriate for my performing persona and most likely redo all the labels on the cans. Not that there is anything wrong with the labels on the cans but why would I want to perform with a prop that was exactly like the ones a bunch of other magicians were using?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Lou,
I have one of the first sets that fit a jar that is no longer in the stores. I am not sure how much it has changed but someone did tell me these covers were hard to find.
PM me and I will pull them out. Let me know the diameter and we will see what we can do.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Thanks Mghia,
I recently reordered the effect. Now I have a backup tube.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Replacement tubes for PB&J (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL