The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Trick Game (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..108..213..318..423..526~527~528~529~530..555..579..603..627..649~650~651 [Next]
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Extraordinary Memory

Mr. Karrell Fox
(Pg. #11/His? book: Magic as a Hobby) (There's a question if, Mr. Fox wrote this book, or just let his name be used?)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16964 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sixten..Shouldn't your entry start with Y? (Enemy) .. Smile ..
Probably because you and ianchandler posted almost at the same time. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Thanks! (Mr. joseph) Yup, you're right, never saw his entry. My "E" is going back, into the Café's fridge. Smile )
MueCard
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of MueCard
Your Choice

(Roy Walker in his book "Walker's Card Mysteries", London 1933, p.32 [a blindfold routine with 3 cards in 3 envelopes])
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Extraordinary Memory

Mr. Karrell Fox
(Pg. #11/His? book: Magic as a Hobby) (There's a question if, Mr. Fox wrote this book, or just let his name be used?)

(Thanks, Mr. "M"! Smile )
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2006, joseph wrote:
Welcome to the Café....BTW, it's MacDonald's Ace's, but I'll continue with your post and say Entourage.....
Joe, it's actually MacDonald's Aces. Plural Aces, not possessive. lol



Ya Ya


(by Paul Harris)
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
ianchandler
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Quote:
On May 1, 2015, Magicray69 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2006, joseph wrote:
Welcome to the Café....BTW, it's MacDonald's Ace's, but I'll continue with your post and say Entourage.....
Joe, it's actually MacDonald's Aces. Plural Aces, not possessive. lol



Ya Ya


(by Paul Harris)


Never too late to fix grammar!


Academic Outjog Herrmann Pass, The

From Aaron Fisher's "The Paper Engine," page 55, published 2002.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Need to return to "Y". (YaYa is a pen/sharpie effect by Jesse Feinberg & Paul Harris Presents)
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5361 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
You Make Three Piles and I Won't Touch (Ramón Riobóo)
Thinking The Impossible (pg. 125)
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hawk Transpo

Mr. Mark Aspiazu
(Pg. #130/Mr. Jason Alford's book: Cyber Sessions)
ianchandler
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Quote:
On May 2, 2015, Sixten wrote:
Need to return to "Y". (YaYa is a pen/sharpie effect by Jesse Feinberg & Paul Harris Presents)


Is there a reason for this? Since we both named tricks that end in "Y," then Y should be the next letter only once, correct? Since there's no list of rules posted, I get extremely confused quickly.

Also, for clarification, what happens in the situation when two people respond to the same letter but with different tricks?

Example for the letter A:

Poster 1: Acrobatic Aces
Poster 2: Ace Assembly

Is the next letter "s" or "y"?

So I guess the letter is "O" now, even though I think it should be "S." Onward and upward!

Orbit Spread

Bill Perkins, digital video download on VanishingIncMagic.com.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Delirium



by Oz Pearlman
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Ian, My entry, as yours, was following Mr. MueCard's entry: "Rising Change, A". for some unknown reason-possible computer glitch?-after checking my entry, it was immediately under Mr. MueCard's post. When I returned on May 01, I read Mr. joseph's note & saw that your entry preceded mine, by 1 minute. Technically, you were first, so I had to follow your "Enemy", with a "Y" entry. (My "Extraordinary Memory" was no longer valid) Next, Mr. MueCard came through with his "Y", ending with "E"-"Your Choice".
Then, back, with my, original "E", with "Extraordinary Memory".
Next, Mr. Ray Lucas, welcome to the game, Sir! Smile , followed with "YaYa". YaYa doesn't belong here, due to not being related to cards. (Back to "Y"-"Extraordinary Memory".
Mr. Magiguy came through with his "Y", following my "Extraordinary Memor(y)" entry.
I had to follow Mr. Magiguy's "O" ending. Which, I did. (Hawk Transpo)

To answer your question, whomever posted first, letter "A" example, assuming Poster 1 was before Poster 2 (the (time) clock wins), and Poster 1 did not duplicate an effect already listed, wins out.
All would have to follow the "S", in your example.
(Also, you can only make one post per-day, and you are not allowed to follow your own post, from the day prior-meaning: no back-to-back)

Warmest regards,
Sixten Smile
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
(Hi Mr. Lucas, when you are posting, kindly include where the effect can be found. Such as, book, title, pg., etc.. If a marketed item, DVD, or instant download, stand-alone item. And to avoid repeats, our updated list is on pg. #251)

Your "Delirium" post has already been used. We're back to "D"...
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Distress Call

Mr. Rus Andrews
(Marketed item/Instant download/Can be found @ TheMagicShop.Co.UK)
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5361 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Late Arrival (Karl Fulves)
After Jordan (pg. 6)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16964 Posts

Profile of joseph
Loc-ACE-tion ..

('Chardistry' dvd .. Daniel Chard) ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ianchandler
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Quote:
On May 3, 2015, Sixten wrote:
Hi Ian, My entry, as yours, was following Mr. MueCard's entry: "Rising Change, A". for some unknown reason-possible computer glitch?-after checking my entry, it was immediately under Mr. MueCard's post. When I returned on May 01, I read Mr. joseph's note & saw that your entry preceded mine, by 1 minute. Technically, you were first, so I had to follow your "Enemy", with a "Y" entry. (My "Extraordinary Memory" was no longer valid) Next, Mr. MueCard came through with his "Y", ending with "E"-"Your Choice".
Then, back, with my, original "E", with "Extraordinary Memory".
Next, Mr. Ray Lucas, welcome to the game, Sir! Smile , followed with "YaYa". YaYa doesn't belong here, due to not being related to cards. (Back to "Y"-"Extraordinary Memory".
Mr. Magiguy came through with his "Y", following my "Extraordinary Memor(y)" entry.
I had to follow Mr. Magiguy's "O" ending. Which, I did. (Hawk Transpo)

To answer your question, whomever posted first, letter "A" example, assuming Poster 1 was before Poster 2 (the (time) clock wins), and Poster 1 did not duplicate an effect already listed, wins out.
All would have to follow the "S", in your example.
(Also, you can only make one post per-day, and you are not allowed to follow your own post, from the day prior-meaning: no back-to-back)

Warmest regards,
Sixten Smile


Sixten,

Thanks for that response! That really helps, as I didn't know about any of that. Complicated, but worth it. Now back to the fun!
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4264 Posts

Profile of Sixten
(And you're very welcome. Smile )

New Card Vanish, A

Mr. J.F. Burrows
(Pg. #30/His book: Some New Magic)
MueCard
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of MueCard
Holy Point Of Arrival I

(Jon Racherbaumer in Racherbaumer/Kaufman "Don England's Gaffed To The Hilt!", 2nd ed. (1993), p. 70)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Trick Game (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..108..213..318..423..526~527~528~529~530..555..579..603..627..649~650~651 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL