The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head off shoulders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James 100
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of James 100
Hi guys. I just wanted to know how the head off shoulders illusion worked. Can someone pm me with the explanation?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Only if you can tell me why you didn't read the rules. You won't find anything like this here. There are no exposures here.

By the way welcome.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Oh give him a break. You go to a veteran's home and find an old soldier who's head is loose. Then you just move it over on the top of the box. He won't mind.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Breaking the secret...not here!

Paulo
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
Just rip the head off the shoulders... simple
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
A lot of people already did that, they ripped this trick off Cyril Smile
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Quote:
On 2006-10-14 14:24, James 100 wrote:
Hi guys I just wanted to know how the head off shoulders illution worked can someone pm me with the explanation.

Actually, I'll answer to your question. It works very well! Hope this help.

Johnny
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Actually, and I spoke directly with Cyril on this... it was FIRST SEEN on TV by a young Japanese womann in a talent show. Her's was cumbersome and bulky and Cyril revised the method and made it far better looking. Independently Joe Monti developed another working... then someone "reverse engineered" it and put plans out on the market and sold the plans... which were poorly done.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2006-10-14 20:32, el rafael wrote:
A lot of people already did that, they ripped this trick off Cyril Smile

El Rafael get your facts right Kawakami Ikuko, is the one being ripped not Cyril as he was only given right to perform the Illusion. If you have not received permission to perform from Kawakami Ikuko you are in the same boat as the rest of us.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear Illusionman2,

The copy-cats use Cyril's method not the Kawakami version! (and to get the facts right, the roots of this illusion are older than Kawakami but she was the first to do this on TV...)
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Quote:
El Rafael get your facts right Kawakami Ikuko, is the one being ripped not Cyril as he was only given right to perform the Illusion. If you have not received permission to perform from Kawakami Ikuko you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

To my knowledge, Cyril Takayama is the only person who has received permission from both Kawakami and the TV company representing her, however it was to create his own version. Cyril has worked for years and invested a lot of money into making his version of the trick less bulky and more manageable to perform. Cyril did the right thing and contacted the person who inspired him. Thus, he can only give permission to perform his version. And it ain't for sale.

All versions of this effect were no other apparatus is needed (table, scarf, box) is copying and riping the creator off. Each creator will hold ownership of their version (Marvey, Sylvester, Cyril, Kawakami), irrespective to how the illusion looks.

I've heard the the effect was an old Vaudevillian routine and I've also heard that clowns were the first to use it. I think it will always be an on-going debate.

Back to the original question, Harry Knight has redesigned a version (I think that it can only be performed from the front though) and sells the fundamental basics of the illusion (I don't know where you could get them, maybe someone else could help?) and zebulonmagic.com/shop also sell the illusion if you just wanted to know how it works?

Diane
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
There are several ways, first of all quilliotine might help you with that and you can also use regular axe <<joke Smile
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I bought the Harry Knight version and currently use it in my show. It can only be viewed from the front (like a lot of illusions), and you need to be 20 feet or so from the audience for the best effect. It gets a very good audience response - this is what people are talking about after the show.

I hope I'm not violating any rules - I did pay for the plans in good faith. I bought them from newmagicconcepts.com.

Jim
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Actually, it was being done by the Ancient Egyptians. Smile

Click here to view attached image.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1977 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2006-10-21 09:13, Drs_Res wrote:
Actually, it was being done by the Ancient Egyptians. Smile

LOL, I wish someone could come up with a topless version of it Smile
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
JDKelley
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JDKelley
Quote:
On 2006-10-20 17:41, jimhlou wrote:
I bought the Harry Knight version and currently use it in my show. It can only be viewed from the front (like a lot of illusions), and you need to be 20 feet or so from the audience for the best effect. It gets a very good audience response - this is what people are talking about after the show.

I hope I'm not violating any rules - I did pay for the plans in good faith. I bought them from newmagicconcepts.com.

Jim

I believe the site is http://www.topdogmagic.com (formerly http://www.newconceptsmagicsupplies.com)
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Watch Christopher performing my Head Rush Illusion in his live show!

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/head_rush_demo2.htm

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Peter,
That's very funny and very clever.
I will be ordering this tomorrow.
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
Can anyone else hear an echo?
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Santos
I apologise for ignoring your PM, but while I agree that I am interesting I emphatically deny that I am a 'beutiful' or beautiful woman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head off shoulders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL