The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Controlling an outjogged card to top (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
totoybbb
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of totoybbb
Sinha,
I love the convincing GUN control by The Godfather. It cannot be detected at all at the right angles. With a few extra moves, your problem will be solve.

There are a lot of uses for The Godfathers move.

Thanks a lot Vinz.

TOTOY
Perception... It results to different things even in very same conditions...
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
I would use a pass or the ambitious riser for this.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
What does a Pass or a riser have to do with the the topic...
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
As soon as the cards pushed into the deck you could just do a pass.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Vinnie,

Your "Convincing Gun Control" is a 'ting a beauty! I've been playing with it for the last couple a days and all I can say is WOW!

Youse new guys should kiss 'da Godfather's ring for him bein' willin' ta send youse 'da handlin' fa' free!!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Stanyon thank you for your support.If the new guys do not want to see it Oh well their loss,,,,,,,,,,,,
Irtza writes as soon as the card is poushed into to the deck yiu can do a pass....
yes you could also do a double undercut a over hand shuffle ect ect,,,,that is not the point,

with my control the spectator pushes the card into the pack and then he can turn over the top card and it is on top a pass will not do this.....
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 16:46, vinsmagic wrote:
Stanyon thank you for your support.If the new guys do not want to see it Oh well their loss,,,,,,,,,,,,
Irtza writes as soon as the card is poushed into to the deck yiu can do a pass....
yes you could also do a double undercut a over hand shuffle ect ect,,,,that is not the point,

with my control the spectator pushes the card into the pack and then he can turn over the top card and it is on top a pass will not do this.....
the godfather

Generally speaking, you are correct. But there are types of passes that will most definitely accomplish this.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
General speaking you are also correct, but placing a pack on the table with the selected card out jogged and having the spectator push the card into the pack and then turn the top cad over,
I have never seen this done witha pass but I am open for any suggestions
Come check out my magic.

Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Karbonkid mentions 'Topper Tack'.
I'm not familiar with this but if it involves the Topper move it may be worth looking into.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Quote:
On 2006-10-26 13:09, Utkarsh Sinha wrote:
Thanks everyone.

The convincing gun control looks really nice. But that isn't what I had in mind.

Almost all of us here know the popup move. In that, the card has a visible crimp. And suddenly, the card "pops" up on top of the deck. I was thinking of something like that.

Here is what the spectator would see:
He placed the card in the middle of the deck. He left it hanging out a bit, and then in a flash, the card that was hanging out suddenly jumped to the top of the deck... and I was able to see it.

If you are still unable to visualize my idea, get a deck of cards, and outjog a card in the middle. And then place it on top of the deck. It would be wonderful to have something as visual as that. That would actually seem like "real" magic.

So basically, one of three things must happen in order for this to happen. The card that is outjogged must be controlled, packets have to switch in order to bring the card to the desired location, or the card has to be switched. Knowing that, all you have to do is pick which one is going to work the best. Based on what you described, Raise Rise would work perfect for this. In all honesty it is not going to matter what method you use as long as the audience is thouroughly convinced that the card was actually put in the middle and instantly it was on top. In the end, that is all that is going to matter.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dorian you are correct in the end it does not matter which control you use as long as the end result places the card on top
now that said
it is my control that I was offering to anyone who might be interesed in learning it. of course there are many ways to do it but none use my technique
vinny
Come check out my magic.

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 16:50, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 16:46, vinsmagic wrote:

the godfather

Generally speaking, you are correct. But there are types of passes that will most definitely accomplish this.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell

I totally agree with you too Dorian. As a matter of fact I too have a control that achieves this as well. I have only showed it to a very very few including Vinny. The difference between Vinny's control and the rest of the lot is not not only the move, but the magician himself. Here is a very generous man offering a free gift. That free gift happens to be one of the most convincing controls I've seen. It also happen to fit the qualities of the move needed in the original post!

Vinny, thanks for allowing me to be one of the first to see and learn the control. Sure there may be Gazzilion cotrols out there, but this one of yours is a keeper in my book.

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka THe Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
The pass is more direct than a double undercut, in the pass it looks like you just return the card back and do nothing other than square the deck. Anyway, I totally agree with Dorian that the ambitious riser move would be perfect for this type of control.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
That depends on who is doing the pass, and how many people can pull off the ambitious riser?????????
We are not talking about returning a card to the pack. A ard it touched,ad it is out jogged, it is pushed into the pack only to found on the top/
why would anyone use a pass when a only one card needs to be shifted????..
Come check out my magic.

Tacman
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Tacman
From the original post I seems to me that he is asking for a Raise Rise or similar type control. The outjogged card visually moves up the deck and finishes outjogged on the top.
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
That's what I thought he asked, and I mentioned to do the pass before with the card outjogged diagonally, an idea of Latta's.

vinny, if a magician can do the pass deceptively in the eyes of the laymen, why shouldnt they do it? It will be just 1 step for them do do(well several but combined into 1) and its done.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
It might just be what a magician needs to go through to be able to do it deceptively.
The Pass is good, I learned it and never use it

I just received the Gun Control Demo from The Godfather and not only is it a good move, it also has other principals that I think are good to explore.

And when folk speak of Vinny's generosity they are not embellishing . He is free with his ideas and they are worthy of note.

This Gun Control will do what I understood the original poster wanted to accomplish.
If not, a pass or anything else I know of will work. We must either just poke the audience in the eye so they cant see what we do or use a Svengali deck......

OR maybe use the "Gun Control", as you raise the pack from horizontal to vertical secretly push the out-jogged card in as you out-jog the top card showing the pips of the selected card. Lower the deck back to horizontal showing the card visually moved to the top, never leaving the out-jogged position..... Maybe that would be a good combination of methods.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Sinha,
have you checked the raise rise?

it's not a bad idea to combine the convincing gun control then do raise rise in your Ambitious card routine.

we must be thankful the godfather shared his convincing gun control and was always willing to help.

thank you vinny for sharing an excellent move...
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
I agree, vinny has definately been generous in sharing his control, it is a wonderful control Smile
totoybbb
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of totoybbb
Vinny's convincing gun control is a very useful control. I think it can be used for many routines. And if combined with other moves, it can create a whole lot of possibilities. Thanks Vinny for sharing...
Perception... It results to different things even in very same conditions...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Controlling an outjogged card to top (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL