We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Take my heart (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Profile of Strangelittleman
Greetings all - long time bizarrist first time poster lol

Im interested in any help people can give me with heart removal peices....psychic surgery etc. Im working on a performace peice for a "hellfireish" kind of crowd that will end with the removal of my heart.

I've sort of worked out a way of doing this yet its fairly convoluted (im still new to magic, and this is my first stage peice). Any help, ideas or just questions to help me think would be appreciated.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
The Doktor was developing a liver extraction display for his Prometheus piece, you might pm him. My question would be what happens with your heart after it's outside your body?

H D X!

L
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2006-10-15 20:02, Lucia Von Franz wrote:
My question would be what happens with your heart after it's outside your body?

"The Beat goes on" -Sonny Bono
Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Well the heart at the end, well that's all been worked. I've got it all gimicked to burn which is what I want....but getting it out of my chest has been the struggle. Just realised this is very raiders of the lost ark seeming yet I'm not aiming for that level of taciness.

More over its actually part of a "selling the soul" kind of theme, I couldn't figure out how to pull a soul out of someone (any advice Smile so went for the heart instead....long story but if ya want more details just ask...
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Play the Machisto Waltz by Tom Lerhner
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Gotama, I think that should be "Tom Lehrer."

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Thanks Gotma, was thinking about music for it. As its a loud enviroment I wont be able to get any talking in, so its all got to be in the music and presentation. Much appreciated.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Masochism Tango, Tom Lehrer.

Caleb Strange had a contribution a couple years back in this forum regarding a sacrifice and some standing stones that involved removal of a heart, you might try to search that one up in here...Also, Mr. Lack has an interesting card reveal that involves cutting open ones chest. I do not know if it can be made to work with a heart, in whatever media you are using, though you might check his Arlen Studios website http://www.arlenstudio.com
Good luck! sounds fun!!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
I haven't been able to log on to arlenstudio.com. Did Keith Lack shut the website down?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Aztec fun! Pull it out - of a stooge... let the stooge fall down dead... then eat the heart....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
British Fun: Idi Amin pulls out and eats the Queen of England's heart.

Corona
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
For approaching Kentucky IBM-SAM convention performance art rumours Smilerince of the Air Ehrich Weisz will bend over backwards and pull out with his eyelashes the still beating heart of Robert-Houdin.

Corona
Tregar
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of Tregar
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 13:04, AltonThrash wrote:
I haven't been able to log on to arlenstudio.com. Did Keith Lack shut the website down?

I haven't been able to log on either. I also ordered something from him back in June, he cashed my check, but I never got the item. All emails I sent went unanswered as well. I tried an old number I had for him which was on the label of an item I previously ordered from him. The number goes to a fax machine.
If anyone has any info on what may me going on with him, I'd be interested in knowing. I'd like to get my money back if not the item I ordered.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Take my heart (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL