The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Hurkos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Yup, but the problem is that we, as 'psychics' do not know when the predictions will be later skewed, nor in what way. I know that there are as many (or more) skewed in the proper, healthier directions as there are in the darker directions, but the badly misinterpreted/applied predictions are much more dramatic and tragic.

Luckily, these seem to be rare cases, I think. Most readers seem careful in these regards, outside of the conman psychic scaring the bejeezuz out of clients with outlandish claims, or the newbie reader who gets more buzz and feedback by being dramatic.

I remember the Hurkos flap. Interesting times for weird beiefs.I believed Hurkos, laughed at Serious, read every Fate printed. Everydoy could start a cult: Auto Back windows were popping into crumbles spontaneously for two seasons...so rather than believe there was a flaw in the safety glass, a group started claiming the UFO's were doing it. Got some good press, too.

I think in Hurkos's time, no one could effectively test against flat-out fraud. The scientific community was pretty innocent. One of the good things that Randi has done was to help change that.

I still would prefer to believe Hurkos was legit, tho.
But, the chances are slim.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ronald33
View Profile
New user
Hollywood
18 Posts

Profile of ronald33
Excuse me, skeptics, but nobody has ever proved me wrong. And Hurkos' predictions could still come to pass as scheduled...the future has not fully played out yet!

I did get into an important movie, against great odds...and I did do map dowsing, against great odds (but that was not appreciated by certain people).

I have run up against showbusiness politics and have been libeled on the Internet. I don't appreciate certain parties doing that. But I've done nothing wrong per se.

If somebody does real psychic things, then of course they're ahead of their time, and of course some people won't like that. I contend that when I finally can meet Jennifer Love Hewitt (for example) that she will appreciate what I have to say.
She's never heard of what I had to say...that's a fact...

Posted: Dec 19, 2005 1:39pm
--------------------------------------------
BTW: The previous quote I made re: Hurkos' possible murder, did not come from me.
Now I remember: It was a Dr. named Lee Sanella....he was a military person...

Posted: Jun 1, 2006 6:59pm
And, as of recently, the libellous links against me have been shut down.
Though you still see those two references, the "journals" previously
defaming me have been removed. A victory for truth.

Posted: Oct 28, 2006 7:44pm
One other cross-check that Hurkos can be right....

1. How is it that both Jennifer Love Hewitt and I are English (British) Texans?
(my birth name has an English surname concealed by an adoption).

2. How is it that Jennifer Love Hewitt has never, ever dated a fellow Texan?
(this is like a root of an equation waiting to be enacted).

3. Most importantly....Jennifer Love Hewitt idolized the late actress Audrey
Hepburn. Ms. Hepburn never found happiness until a gentleman (still alive) named
Robert Wolders came into her life. They had both the same heredity (Dutch) and nearly the same environment (Brussels-Belgium/Holland) thereby making them non-
related mirror images of each other. Though Ms. Hewitt isn't Ms. Hepburn, somehow.

It seems that she, too, would need a mirror image of herself (an English Texan) to
quit being personally unsettled; their lives are very similar!

Note: I contacted johnnycarson.com and, unfortunately, after a short window of opportunity, they have changed the rules about selling tapes to the public. Unless an archive has access; or unless the Hurkos family gets a deal together,once again it's no longer possible to buy tapes of Hurkos on the Johnny Carson "Tonight" show.

But, people need to see the work of this truly great psychic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Hurkos (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL