The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What is the best levitation you have ever seen? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
This is as opposed the the thread started by Paulo, where he expresses his love for Voitko's levitation, which is very nice. Apparently though, in that thread expressions of admiration for other levitations causes undo stress to some.

So what is the best you've seen?

The late Dixie Dooley from the U.S. had a wonderful levitation. This is the one that was featured on the television show "That's Incredible" many years ago.

On that show it was performed outdoors, without a backdrop. The floating girl rose into the air, and then two halves of a clear plexiglass coffin-shaped box were enclosed around her, with her still floating inside. Very pretty and mysterious.

For sheer ingenuity and remarkable effect, the Kellar/Thurston/Blackstone levitation was a wonderful thing, and an engineering marvel.

- entity
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
It's not my FAVORITE levitation, but Rick Thomas does in asrah in his vegas show where at the end he flys up like superman to grab the sheet, then floats back down- Pretty cool addition.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I like the 2 person levitation as well...

Favorite levitation would probably be Brett Daniels levitation. Very startling appearance, and the routine really flows perfectly.

sb
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Entity... I don't think that was Dixie Dooley, but the act that had the great marionette (I just can't think of his name). He did it in his back yard near the pool. The gal assistant was an acrobat and had great movement inside the box. Oh, why can't I think of his name? He also had a chicken puppet that was incredible.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Pete: Yes, that's exactly who I'm thinking of. I thought that was Dixie Dooley. I'm not sure anymore... drats! Now I'll be up all night searching out the fellow's name... Loved his clown marionette, too.

- entity
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Problem solved... Praise Google!

The man I meant was Barclay Shaw. Apologies to his memory and to Mr. Dooley.

I think they appeared together in a show in Vegas, and that's how I confused the names.

Barclay Shaw was a brilliant performer, and his levitation was lovely. I saw him perform in person a number of times.

Pete, thanks for catching my error. Credit should go to Mr. Shaw.

- entity
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I only saw it on television, not live, and I've possibly enhanced the memory over 30 years but I will never forget Doug Hennings water fountain levitation.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Yes, Doug Henning's presentation of Andre Cole's water levitation was absolutely enchanting. I saw it live and I've never forgotten it.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What is the best levitation you have ever seen? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL