The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I know escape is possible from regular handcuffs, but what about those plastic zip tie cuffs you see now'n days? look something like this http://www.deenside.co.uk/images/catalogue/D293a.jpg
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Yes, Look Around, I know I have seen them on the net ready to be escapes from. I would start with Mark Cannon, and go from there. There is also a simple technique for getting out of an ungimmicked one.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
A knife. hahaha.

No really, isn't ratcheted restraints slightly cover this. The name sounds like it would. :/
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Ah the zip tie escape. How I do love them.

Which is because you can escape from them totally ungimmicked.

Head to http://www.ealib.org I'm sure there's something on there that could help with this.

The method I use was taught on the Norm Bigelow DVD. I think there was only 50 made, but if you can get hold of a copy you'll have this and a wealth of other escapes to play with.

Good luck
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi roslyn I was just wondering if you can reuse the cuffs after you have escaped? it is just the method that I use the cuffs can be reused.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
There is a version of some escapes based on the same principle in Novaks book "Metamorphosis". I don't know if you can apply that technique on this "cuff" but I guess - if you put your mind to it - that you can.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I have a few different methods, and yes I could re-use the cuff with either method.

I tend not to re-use them because I like to give the cuff away after the escape.

What I have been playing with recently is melting the lock(?) so that the zip tie can't be s**d.

Its going down quite well, although I have been burnt slightly by the melted plastic and I've found that this isn't so great with the cheap zip ties you pick up from DIY stores, but does work great with the thicker plasti-cuffs.

For all you guys in the UK, did you catch the zip tie escape in Spooks (fictional TV show about MI5) last night?

For those that didn't, I thought it was great for all of us due to the fact that the only way she could free herself was to use a razor blade (which she had hidden in her shoe as all good MI5 agents do).

In her attempt at getting out her wrists bled slightly due to the plastic digging in.

Anyway, I digress.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Yes you can escape from them. I don't make use of those ones often but get out of them quite easily. I normally make use of the large regular ones which are readily available in the stores. The average person knows those better and loves to watch me escape from them. and no picking or shimming is needed either. just a bit of technique.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Handcuffs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL