The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The structure of a street show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The following is a popular structure for a street show (magic, circus or otherwise).

What do you think?

1) THE SETUP: the performer loudly and elaborately sets up props to begin the second phase...

2) THE GATHER: Using noise, colour, movement and pyschology, the performer builds an edge

3) THE PROMISE: Performer promises an amazing trick.

4) THE BUILD UP: The performer performs other tricks and routines and bits to build the size of the crowd.

5) THE FINALE SET UP: The perform sets up for the final trick getting assistants, extra props etc.

6) THE HAT LINES: The performer explains he wants cash.

7) THE FINALE: The performer does something amazing.

8) THE COLLECTION: The perform collects cash.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I watched a rather bland performer in Central Park NY perform like this (he was a juggler) and it worked great. He never did anything really great but used this format and in the end, he had a pretty nice sized crowd. I was pretty impressed, given the lack of energy, comedy, etc.

One thing I will add that he did was 'THE REMINDER' or 'THE TEASE' which came after each trick to remind folks that the grand finale was just around the corner.

He had a nice finish to the show that showed his caring for children. In the way of a poem.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Nice!

There is nothing like a good structure to sell a dodgy product!

Just ask MacDonalds!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The structure of a street show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL