The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Smaller Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Does anybody know where I can find either bluprints, plans, or tips on building smaller illusions? I already checked into some basic carpentry books, and the Osbourne books, but didn't know what other material is out there. Thanks, Tim
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish has PVC Pipe Illusions on my site, and is currently working on a four book series of stage magic made from "Hardboard and Duct Tape." The fourth book in the series will be all illusions that pack down flat to no bigger than 2 feet by 4 feet, which is the size of the hardboard sheets he is using to make the illusions. You can see the Table of Contents on line now and see if something there is of interest.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Sounds interesting, Thanks. I'd probably construct the stuff from better materials though. Any idea how much this will be, and when it will be available.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Each separate trick or illusion article sells for $3 and the entire book of 10 sells for $20. We'll probably have a special deal for buying all four books, but that's a long way off. I hope Jim will be done with the series in December, but things happen around here.

You're right... just because he's showing how easily and inexpensively you can make the props from hardboard and duct tape doesn't mean you can't use other building materials and gizmos. He's also limiting himself to only 2 power tools, a saber saw and a drill, and he's only working on sunny days in his backyard "workshop." You, of course, are free to use routers, lathes, staple guns, power sanders, air brush painters and whatever else you may have in your well equipped indoor workshop.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Smaller Illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL